What's new

domain registration statistics

Pat

Just wondering if this community has an interest in domain registration statistics such as evolution in TLD volumes, growth rates, renewals, registrar volumes and market shares etc?
Is it something you guys like to know about a bit?
I'm building an online tool to give a visual (Charts/tables etc) on much of these type of stats and wonder how interesting it is for you.

thanks!
Pat

chris

Top Contributor
Just wondering if this community has an interest in domain registration statistics such as evolution in TLD volumes, growth rates, renewals, registrar volumes and market shares etc?
Is it something you guys like to know about a bit?
I'm building an online tool to give a visual (Charts/tables etc) on much of these type of stats and wonder how interesting it is for you.

thanks!
Pat

Hi Pat,

I think it's something that members would find interesting, it's something that registrars and registries occasionally publish. I think the interesting thing to explore is the trends, that would be cool.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,
Chris

Pat

thanks Chris - good to know. I'll let you know it's progress. Should be mid-year we'll be almost ready and looking for people to try it out for awhile first - if that interests you let me know.
Thanks again,
Pat

findtim

Top Contributor
not to burst your bubble but i'm pretty sure someone has already done it and has posted on dnt but i can't find it right now, sorry, i'm very sure it is already available.
auda also produces reports like this, as well as a few " privateers" that have a businesses of selling domains, kinda like real estate agents wanting to get into the game.
not all reputable, most often selling ( as in another recent post ) "seminars" on how this is the new GOLD rush.
i think your intentions are good, all i am doing is giving you more information for your research to get whatever result you intend to have.
stats are stats, they can be read any way you like.
not trashing you but what is the goal for your effort ?, i'd love to know, so i could understand the purpose for the effort. :)
tim

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
There are lots of stats around. We generate stats (internally) for IPNeighborhood across all TLDs, aftermarkets and parking companies. Some of this we have been publishing for free since 2007. You can see the aftermarket, parking company and sales data on DomainerIncome (right hand side under "Market Summary").

Pat

not to burst your bubble but i'm pretty sure someone has already done it and has posted on dnt but i can't find it right now, sorry, i'm very sure it is already available.
auda also produces reports like this, as well as a few " privateers" that have a businesses of selling domains, kinda like real estate agents wanting to get into the game.
not all reputable, most often selling ( as in another recent post ) "seminars" on how this is the new GOLD rush.
i think your intentions are good, all i am doing is giving you more information for your research to get whatever result you intend to have.
stats are stats, they can be read any way you like.
not trashing you but what is the goal for your effort ?, i'd love to know, so i could understand the purpose for the effort. :)
tim
Hey there Tim,
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure we are on the same page - perhaps I wasn't too clear. the type of stats i'm talking about are registrations under all TLDs globally (unlike the auDA reports which focus only on .au). The style of the site will present the following fundamental data in the format of interactive charts for benchmarking different TLD trends: total registrations by TLD (growth and market shares) renewal rates by TLD, new adds/deletes, registrations by registrar (growth, market share). The site includes all legacy gTLD, new gTLDs and ccTLD data so users can select any TLD and visualise in charts its trends over time. There will also be data on gTLD registrations by country (ie number of registrations registering a particular gTLD from country a, b etc). So that is the type of data we are putting together however they will most likely be additions after a beta launch with data such as zone analysis (ie the breakdown of what differnet TLDs in terms of parked domains ,PPC, active websites, redirects etc etc) and even things (maybe) like data on .bit (namecoin) trends.
In any case, I'm really unsure of if this sort of data is interesting for the domainer community as in general it's often interesting to TLD operators and some registrars. So just throwing out there to you guys in case !
As far as I know, I have not seen a similar site out there and certainly not with the type of highly visualised and interactive approach we are taking. But please let me know if you know of one.

Pat

Pat

There are lots of stats around. We generate stats (internally) for IPNeighborhood across all TLDs, aftermarkets and parking companies. Some of this we have been publishing for free since 2007. You can see the aftermarket, parking company and sales data on DomainerIncome (right hand side under "Market Summary").
Thanks Simon - i'm not really doing any stats to do with domainer data such as pricing, sedo style stats. This is more to do with TLD registrations. as mentioned in another reply i made, my plans may only be mildly interesting for domainers - but i thought i'd check it out.

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
Thanks Pat. We have TLD registrations globally as well as registration trends etc.. Speaking from experience it takes a lot to do this. It's not something that the average "domainer" can put together.

Given that you are new to DNT and this is your first post (aside from the intro), who do you work for?

Hey there Tim,
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure we are on the same page - perhaps I wasn't too clear. the type of stats i'm talking about are registrations under all TLDs globally (unlike the auDA reports which focus only on .au). The style of the site will present the following fundamental data in the format of interactive charts for benchmarking different TLD trends: total registrations by TLD (growth and market shares) renewal rates by TLD, new adds/deletes, registrations by registrar (growth, market share). The site includes all legacy gTLD, new gTLDs and ccTLD data so users can select any TLD and visualise in charts its trends over time. There will also be data on gTLD registrations by country (ie number of registrations registering a particular gTLD from country a, b etc). So that is the type of data we are putting together however they will most likely be additions after a beta launch with data such as zone analysis (ie the breakdown of what differnet TLDs in terms of parked domains ,PPC, active websites, redirects etc etc) and even things (maybe) like data on .bit (namecoin) trends.
In any case, I'm really unsure of if this sort of data is interesting for the domainer community as in general it's often interesting to TLD operators and some registrars. So just throwing out there to you guys in case !
As far as I know, I have not seen a similar site out there and certainly not with the type of highly visualised and interactive approach we are taking. But please let me know if you know of one.

Pat
Pat, this is the site you are looking for: https://ntldstats.com/

Pat

Thanks Pat. We have TLD registrations globally as well as registration trends etc.. Speaking from experience it takes a lot to do this. It's not something that the average "domainer" can put together.

Given that you are new to DNT and this is your first post (aside from the intro), who do you work for?

Hey Simon,
I understand you probably have global TLD registrations as know it's relatively easy to get that, however what I'm putting together is a very centralised (ie legacy and new gTLDs + ccTLD) data on registration trends in a very visual way (charts that show the evolution and ability to benchmark 2 or more TLDs together with growth lines, market shares, registrar stats, renewals, add/deletes, by country data etc). So my question is, would the average domainer be interested in this sort of thing or do they really just look at very basic registration counts occasionally. The site is half way built and is subscription based.

Regards
Pat

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
Hi Pat,

I know what you are trying to say. I'm just telling you that its been done before in a very visual way. Here's a video of parking trends back in 2010.

As an example, it shows graphs and tables with domains in/out. Best of luck with your venture.

Kind regards,

Simon

Pat

Hi Pat,

I know what you are trying to say. I'm just telling you that its been done before in a very visual way. Here's a video of parking trends back in 2010.

As an example, it shows graphs and tables with domains in/out. Best of luck with your venture.

Kind regards,

Simon
Hi Simon - Thanks for this. It's interesting, although currently we don't are not aimed at this type of stats (parking stats). My project is purely about registration volumes at TLDs (and several other stats around total volumes in the zones).
For parking stats, I'm curious however as to how your stats were taken up. Do you know where I can get these sort of stats from by the way? If I can integrate them in my own project it might add value.

regards
Pat

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads