What's new

Domain Parking - worth the trouble?

Jonathan

Top Contributor
Anyone have experience with parking .com.au/.net.au's? I know that some parked top level domains (i.e. .com's) make thousands a month through type-in traffic, but I can't imagine many .com.au's would get decent volume to make Parking worthwhile (though I'd be happy to be proven wrong).

dotworx

my experience is - you are right. .com.au don't have much direct nav traffic comparing to .com's. but i still park my unused .au's, better than nothing.

i hope large portfolio owners can shed some light on this ;)

DavidL

Top Contributor
They certainly are worth parking. After all 5 lousy visits per month and 1 miserable click can be enough for a domain to pay for itself.

All depends on volume, industry & optimisation IMO

If you are selling the domain (or would like to consider offers), make sure you note this on your landing page. Potential purchasers (esp end-users) often navigate directly to the page and a simple "This Domain May Be For Sale" makes all the difference in getting offers.

If you park with Namedrive, they'll automatically provide a link to your listing on Netfleet too.

I think Sedo also provide the same service pointing towards their sales listing.

But definitely park your domains - anything is better than an unresolved page (even for the casual web visitor)

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
.com.au's have never done much for me parking , but i guess it works for some and yes sedo do offer a sales option at least

I have never purchased a .com.au and expected to make money parking it

Last edited:

hazza5150

I would have to agree with NetFleet as our experience has shown parking .com.au domains generates good revenue and competes with our .com/net/co.uk in fact some do much better!

paz

I'm much more inclined to spend a few hours making a mini site and building some links than just parking a domain.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
i am with paz on that one , if you have a unlimited hosting plan it's a good option , i also like to put a video on the minisite

paz

For example I'm currently developing the minisite www.ParramattaRiver.com.au it's going to take me about half a day get the design customised and everything where it should be, about $50 in article writing and another $50 in link building.

If it starts earning then I will spend more on article, more on links and find private advertisers (no adsense and aff links)

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
For example I'm currently developing the minisite www.ParramattaRiver.com.au it's going to take me about half a day get the design customised and everything where it should be, about $50 in article writing and another $50 in link building.

If it starts earning then I will spend more on article, more on links and find private advertisers (no adsense and aff links)

May i ask what advertising rates you would charge ?

just interested in getting an idea of what a 'standerd rate' would be ?

paz

Completely depends on traffic and the value it would have for the business. At the moment no traffic means advertising is worth nothing.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo