What's new

Domain Parking Sucks

soj

Founder
Is it just me, or does parking a domain just suck. With the way domain prices have been escalating, I dont understand how domainers can pay the money they are, and then just let sit there parked to try and earn their money back. To me, developing a domain is the main reason i buy it, I look at a domain on what i could build it into, not how much it would earn me being parked. This has really started to piss me off, as i have tried parking some domains, and the returns are just sooo bad, yes i have tried multiple parking companies, but developing a site, even if its REALLY simple, just seems to be the BEST monetisation strategy for domains.

Wade

It really depends on type in traffic quality and quantity, if you have domains in categories that monetise well with parking, such as real estate, travel, finance, cars, etc, then you dont need a lot of traffic to make a good return on domains.

Obviously if you are buying .com domains in the aftermarket for 6 figure amounts it can be challenging to recover your investment via parking, where as if you are buying .com.au domains for registration fee its not that difficult to make a profit.

Development costs time and money, there is also the potential to make a loss, not every name is suited to parking and not every name is suited to development, and some domains just plain suck.

paz

Its just like buying a house and maintaining until you flip it, where you can buy a house and renovate it and flip it.

Pro's and con's for both.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
i own the name ...... videoparking.tv , it would be great for video/parking/advertising

i have earned good money from parking , the ones that get a few clicks are freesexchannel.tv , onlinecinema.tv , 6462.com and 3dhumanbody.com but the rest earn nothing or dont get the paying clicks

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member