What's new

Domain Owners Alliance

TroyW

Top Contributor

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I'm currently in the process of developing the Australian Domain Owners Alliance. I've always felt there was a need for an association or group to represent domainers to Government, media and regulators so I've decided to get it running myself.

The aim of the group will be to ensure Domainers rights and opinions are considered in the formulation of Government policy, regulatory requirements as well as in the media. I envisage the group will eventually become a membership based service offering information, tools and hopefully a range of domain related discounts once we're up and running including legal representation for domain name disputes.

By working together, I'm sure we can achieve much more than we can individually. I'm still working on the details and the website but I would welcome any support, suggestions, etc that anyone may have at this early stage.

Troy

DavidL

Top Contributor
Just wrote a big post but it didn't save :(

So a bit shorter this time...

Well done for putting that together it's definitely a feeling shared by many domainers in Australia. I think particularly because there are so many issues specific to .au domains, it really makes sense to have a united body charged with protecting our interests.

I know James on these boards has also suggested the very same.

However from the TRAFFIC conference, I know there is a fair bit of activity towards putting in place such an organisation in conjunction with the ACA (http://www.internetcommerce.org/) to do this - an Australian chapter.

Whatever happens we need to all get behind the one organisation not have 2 or 3 competing for membership.

But well done for actually putting something together, Troy it's good to see some actions rather than just words.

TroyW

Top Contributor
Hello Don and Net,

Thanks for your comments. I'm happy to jump onboard with the ACA if they're going to get things moving - there's no benefit in diluting our numbers. I saw that www.domainowners.com.au was available the other day so I registered it for this purpose but I can alway use for something else.

I might start populating the website with my thoughts, news, etc and push it up the Google rankings. If anyone wants to post any articles, events, news, opinions, etc let me know. Once the site has some content, it can always be converted to a membership based organisation.

On this, I'm still working on the website which is a combination of standalone HTML coding and Blogger which I'm running as a test. At this stage I'm hopeful I can make the system givr great seo results with minimal hosting costs.

hazza5150

Sounds great Troy, we will support initiatives that help this industry gain a stronger voice here in Australia. Actually, its the ICA not the ACA and after speaking with Michael Collins they have expressed a desire to assist us in gaining that voice in this industry particularly regarding the auDA etc.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Sounds great Troy, we will support initiatives that help this industry gain a stronger voice here in Australia. Actually, its the ICA not the ACA and after speaking with Michael Collins they have expressed a desire to assist us in gaining that voice in this industry particularly regarding the auDA etc.

Oops - yes ICA bit of a typo there. Yes I was lucky enough to sit next to Michael Collins at dinner one night at TRAFFIC Downunder & he was very keen to work with some Aussie domainers.

TroyW

Top Contributor
Hello everyone,

My day job is being made redundant so I've now got some time to push this a little further. Speaking with an accountant tomorrow re the best business structures, grants, etc. No promises, but I'll keep everyone informed of any progress.

Troy

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members