What's new

Domain Management Software

nina

Top Contributor
Ok - After I discovered I lost a domain because somehow didn't see the notification via email ... and because I used to have accounts with planet domain and DIT, which have been morphed to TPP Wholesale which is part of Net Registry, and because I have a portfolio of .com domains with Moniker AND a few with GoDaddy (for push when sold or purchased reasons)... I'm getting a bit overwhelmed at the moment with managing.

I am paying 50.00 per month for a domain monitor account and I know there are subscription models for different places like domainsponsor (which I've not looked at in too much detail) this is more about managing domains I manage for clients.

It's just getting all too much - I downloaded some software from domainpunch and have it installed - it seems pretty good but wondered if anyone would care to share if they are using anything to help manage a domain portfolio.

Thanks in advance..
Nina - slightly annoyed because I didn't see a domain I like drop and get repurchased.

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
I integrated my own domain management into my management database. It seems to work well, it's built on MS Access.

neddy

Top Contributor
It's just getting all too much - I downloaded some software from domainpunch and have it installed - it seems pretty good but wondered if anyone would care to share if they are using anything to help manage a domain portfolio.

Sorry to hear you had some dramas Nina - it has happened to us all at some stage I imagine.

I investigated a couple of platforms for managing domains (including DomainPunch), but have never proceeded with any (only because I never got around to it).

Have a look at this one (it does apparently work for the .au space as well, but you might need to confirm that):

Robodomain.com - it is still free I think.

Then there is protrada.com/tour - it's all the rage at the moment. It has lots of features for domainers including a portfolio tool. It does cost, but you can get a free trial.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Ned

nina

Top Contributor
Thanks for the feedback gentlemen - I don't have time to fiddle around with Access as I'd only do something half arsed that would look pretty but be ..pretty useless, and I don't mind paying for software that solves a problem.

I know there are plenty of others who have had the dramas with domain registration but now I am noticing that things are falling through the cracks and the time has come to be more diligent so why not ask the experts I say.

I just have this little plan - a quiet but personally self indulgent Christmas with the love of my life, looking at my domains, my new infrastructure, my new site replicators, my new 'affiliate links' and making 2012 the year to get these things working. Of course with the occasional glass of chilled champagne.

Thanks
Nina

nina

Top Contributor
I noticed these are all SAAS models - i was hoping for downloadable software - it's mainl the DNS and expiry I'm looking for - some of our clients do not host their domains with us, so the dns update lets me see where it's pointing in case there is a problem.

I'll check these out further, although they did come up with common errors of dns blacklisting when checking the whois of the site.

thanks
Nina

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
Nina,

DomainerIncome keeps track of your portfolio, expenses, parking revenue etc... You can check out the videos on our site.

nina

Top Contributor
Nina,

DomainerIncome keeps track of your portfolio, expenses, parking revenue etc... You can check out the videos on our site.

Hi Simon I have an account with you - a free one, but the monthly account is out of my budget when I'm looking after client accounts and it's more for administration of hosting accounts and their dns setup, expiry dates, notification on dns changes, etc.

I am not in the same league as these professional domainers which I guess your market is pitched to, and for me, 100 per month seems a little steep - sorry - You see, I'm not looking for domain management for buying and selling, I'm looking for domain administration for expiry dates, DNS information, registrant information eg.

I get all this from domaintools.com but they do not do .com.au. I would also prefer a downloadable app rather than a web based monthly fee as I'm getting pretty overloaded with all these SAAS models at the moment.

Domain Punch - Watch My Domains Pro 3 seems to be ok - it gives me on a screen, domain name, registry expiry, first registered, last updated, IP and last lookup time. I can then drill down on each one and see the status in a screen which for the time being seems to be all i need.

When I start setting up monetisation of my domains I can see that a platform like yours it ideal, but for now it's mainly to consolidate all the domains I own and manage.

I'll have a look at some of your videos though - they look very informative.

Nina

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
I am not in the same league as these professional domainers which I guess your market is pitched to

That's perfectly fine - everyone starts somewhere! :)

I'm looking for domain administration for expiry dates, DNS information, registrant information eg.

We have a portfolio management tool that tracks all of this. The exception is .au expiry dates as AusReg (via auDA) do not disclose expiry dates to the public.

I'll have a look at some of your videos though - they look very informative.

Go for it, there is a lot of free videos and things there to help. Good luck!

Simon

Oz.

Top Contributor
I have a custom built one, first developed years ago (10 maybe?) - was going to sell it, but never got around to it, lol.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo