1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Domain Availability Checker

Discussion in 'DNTrade Updates & News' started by chris, Jan 16, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Just a quick note that there is now a .au domain availability checker in the sidebar on the home page.

Cheers,
    Chris

2. TpD

TpD Membership: VIP

Thanks, it's fast

3. Suzabro

Suzabro Administrator

Nice feature. It is really fast :)

4. Oz.

Oz. Membership: VIP

Awesome, and I agree, super fast.
    Could you put it up the very top of the side-bar? Would be a more convenient location to access it, imho.

Also, I'm sure some people might like to know if the search data is stored anywhere? 3rd party whois and availability checking services have been known in the past to poach domains (that they consider to be good) that people check for availability, and as such has made people more cautious about using such 3rd party services. Possible have a little "* No data is stored" or such note somewhere if that is the case.

Just playing devil's advocate mate, and not wanting to offend you. Think it is an awesome tool that I will surely use.

5. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    No offense taken Oz :)

No data is stored. There are a few improvements I'd like to make down the track, will look at moving it around. Agree a little disclaimer would be useful, will add to my list.

Cheers,
    Chris