What's new

Do you need to learn the basics of SEO, here is a list of my favourite resources.

Christopher

Top Contributor
Today in response to a colleague that was frustrated that it was unaffordable for them to learn SEO, by means of purchasing a very good, but expensive course. The course can be found here http://course.clickminded.com/p/seo-training
but I say what price would you pay for more qualified leads coming to your business, and the organic traffic that comes to you as a results of implementing quality traffic. The course is quite cheap when you put this in perspective. But incase you are after it actually cheaper, here is a discounted coupon for it http://course.clickminded.com/p/seo-training/?product_id=111675&coupon_code=FRIENDSOFALPHA (this is not an affiliate link). And there is no coupon input field at checkout its a special query url.

At any rate the colleague was what I would consider a tire kicker, complaining about even the $150 price tag, so I wrote this quick write up on where to find some free resources on beginners SEO. https://chrislanauze.com/seo/resources/beginners-guide-to-seo-659/

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks, i'll give all that a read on my flight to the AGM.

i get this all the time about wordpress stuff, this week it was mailchimp, i said "there are heaps of GOOD FREE tutorials on youtube" but they'd prefer for me stay on the phone and teach them so i say " do you want me to do it for you and invoice you for my time or teach you how and invoice you for my time"
gets rid of tyre kickers.

another semi client ( not hosting with me) rang today and asked if i could do stuff on her wordpress, i said sure but i'd prefer i host if i am going to do that much as i need to be in totally control, she asked what i charged for hosting, i said "your site $20 a month" she said "i only pay $50 a year", so i replied " yep, but you keep phoning me ! "

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
if you don't know Ed Dale you should, i know christopher does.
he puts this at the bottom of his emails for his courses, very open i think.(bolding mine)
-----------
IMPORTANT:
Sorry, I know this is common sense, I am not trying to insult your intelligence, you just have to say these things. Of course, please don't interpret any of this email as some sort of promise or implication of your future earnings. My results aren't even remotely typical. I've been at this almost 18 years, and naturally have a bit of an advantage as a result. Also, the average person who buys any "business building" course (or something similar) rarely gets any results at all. Kind of like how the average person who buys home exercise equipment rarely ends up looking like the person in the commercials. I don't know why that is, but I think it's safe to say it's true across the board. Here's the bottom: THIS STUFF IS ALL HARD. And it takes WORK and RISK. On top of that, almost nothing ever works right the first time. At least not for me, anyway. You've got to stick with it. Think about it. If business was easy, everybody would be rich. So if you're looking for a "magic pill" or an "easy button" that'll make you money, I'm not your guy. Better you know now than be disappointed later

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member