1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you guys have a 'Dummies Guide' to your site?

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by goldnugget, Dec 8, 2012.

1. goldnugget

goldnugget Membership: Community

I get that this sort of Q is probably below most people in their view, they are experience users of various interfaces and are confident and competant in their abilities to manage domains and hosting.

My situation is that I'm a noob (or is that a noob in training) to domaining. While I have a couple of domains and a single webhost package with Crazy D's at the moment...I'm find it kind of newby friendly to do basic things.

I intend to register several domains in the near future (with the comments from users here, most likely with yourselves) but feeling a little daunted after looking around the website. Also I noticed you dont have the forum running any more but glad you have left the old posts up for people to go through.

I hope I'm not being too Noob, I would really like to learn more about what is what and how its done or is it better just to get in and start registering and hassle customer support as I need them?

I'm planning to have a portfolio consisting of both parked and developed domains, initially starting small and building up from there.

Cheers Jay

2. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    dnt members love to give, but there is a limit i personally think, i'm struggling to see any "giving" from you in dnt so i really do have to now call you on that.

you have posted soooooo much "wanting info", you must know stuff ! GIVE some, start giving and sharing as i can tell you YOU will get more from that effort, i'm sorry but my feeling is you are just drawing from the pot and i am happy to be slagged off if other members feel i am wrong, i think its a balance.

i'm sorry but i have to say i know the answer you are looking for and i am not giving it to you !

grow up, get involved, earn trust, and then you will receive GREAT info.

this is not a 1 way street.

tim

3. goldnugget

goldnugget Membership: Community

Fair enough Tim. In this particular case I was asking the question to the company offering the service, not the members of this forum.

As far as AU domaining...yes I am a Newby, made it perfectly clear from the outset and in almost all my posts so I dont know at this stage what I could possibly assist people already experienced in the field as far as the ins and outs of AU domaining. I may do some research on some companies as far as who owns what and future directions that may assist with domain selections...at this stage, thats about it.

Off the public domain record, I have been in contact with a couple of members that have sought public advice on possible leads for some of their domains, one in particluar I hope was good and if handled correctly, should be profitable for them.

Hopefully one day (hopefully sooner rather than later) I will have at least half the knowledge in domaining many of you have. I know that in the end it will be a shrinking market and free flowing advice will be dificult for some to part with. Ive seen it (and done it) in the gold prospecting field, so know it well.

Apologies if I have rubbed some of you up the wrong way with my questions, will try to be more selective in the future.

Cheers

Jay

4. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hi Jay,

There are lots of articles and video tutorials for using VentraIP at http://faq.ventraip.com.au/.

They cover most of the common functions for using their services.

Cheers,
    Chris