What's new

Do you do any Volunteer Work in your Community?

coreyg

Top Contributor
I'm interested to know if you do any Volunteer Work.

I am a Volunteer RSA for a community based Theatre venue here in Sydney, what about you?

Cheers
Corey

James

Top Contributor
I have done a bit of volunteer Internet marketing work for charity orgs in the past, also run charity auctions too to raise funds for good causes, I will be running a big one soon so stay tuned =)

djuqa

Top Contributor
I am local Justice of the Peace Qualified
I love issuing Warrants for Police to do GLM searches
Doing my bit for the community LOL

nina

Top Contributor
I used to alot more charity work physically I mean and now I do way too much virtual charity work.

I helped start Blue Light Discos in the olden days - that was fun actually and really well received. :)
I used to do meal on wheels - I took my kids along too - they needed to see what happens as you get older and that life is not so tough. Did that for a couple of years and timing didn't work for me... I found there are some grumpy old men in this world and some very sad and lonely people and how important this service is.
For about 6 years I did neighbourhood watch newsletters and taught others to help raise the standard of newsletters within the community.
I do give away some websites for specific purposes - always have, always will.
I have a community website with about 97,000 users all of whom have downloaded one of the 200 or so free designs I give away.
I used to help everyone out as much as I could based on my ability and skill level and time..

I did however, take a stand last year that I had to also focus on business.. but at the moment I have 1 x mini book site which I've incorporated into a facebook page as well (nice one) and my daughters ecommerce site - can't charge for that.. and helping her to stay at home and enjoy being a mother.......and I offered to help someone on a website who was having a few problems with their site that has ended up in being the most hacked website I have ever seen, which I am fixing for them simply to record how much of a mess a website can go in.. over 3,000 files added to this poor little site... next time I may choose to keep my mouth shut before offering to help.
We / my darling husband and grandson and sometimes me, help on track building days for our local mtb community, and none of this is done except for the thought in my mind - there just isn't enough volunteering done and every little bit of help counts in making the world go around.

That's about my lot - not overly significant in importance in a world scale, but made a difference for a few people I guess and I didn't have the money to give as much as I would like to and sometimes a person's presence with man power can be just as good.

I really enjoyed these types of charity work because you see a different side to people and when I get enough time on my hands to be reliable and consistent, I'd find some other things I could do as well.

Sometimes though never saying no to those who ask you for your advice is like being sucked into this black hole that is hard to escape.. everyone has so many problems that are so urgent..

I bought this great tshirt when I was in the US and it say - sure, let me drop what I'm doing and work on your problem.. I feel strange wearing it though - I need to time the moment. :)

Nina

coreyg

Top Contributor
it's great to here so many folk give back to their community...

Thank you

Cheers
Corey

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics