1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

DNTrade Dropping Domains Helper

Discussion in 'DNTrade Updates & News' started by chris, May 2, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    DNTrade has launched a new tool called the "DNTrade Dropping Domains Helper" as part of our VIP membership, to help members quickly sort through the daily .au drops and find names that might be of interest.

If you want to jump straight to the tool, here you go: https://www.dntrade.com.au/drops.php

It's only in the early stages of development, but we're hoping VIP members will enjoy using it.

Here's a quick overview of the features...

Fast search and sort

[​IMG]

DNTrade Rank (our own score), Alexa, DMOZ, PageRank, alternate extensions, etc.

[​IMG]

Export a selection to clipboard, CSV or Excel for your records and own analysis

[​IMG]

As a special introductory offer we are giving ALL DNTrade members a free trial for the first week so you can check it out for yourself.

https://www.dntrade.com.au/drops.php

After this time, the tool will be available as part of the VIP membership. A big thanks goes out to Atom for his help with the backend and also to Peter and Cal for helping test. I'd love to know what you guys think. Keep in mind that this is v1 and we still have some ideas in the pipeline to further improve it.

Cheers,
    Chris

Last edited: May 11, 2013
    7 people like this.
  2. petermeadit

petermeadit Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    DMOZ, PR, Alexa, dropping names

Hi Chris, well done on developing a great tool, very useful. Atom, nice PHP programming work there mate. Cal, you helped make sense of it all. It was great working on this project and I am glad I could contribute.

Chris I love your idea of developing a tool that domainers can benefit from to contribute to the community here on DNTrade, to make it a better recourse for us members.

I have not seen another tool like this available on any other forums and I feel it is a very valuable resource for sure.

I will be watching the dropping names with great interest.

1 person likes this.
  3. OLechat

OLechat Membership: Community

Love it! This news story caught the eye of even non-domainers, it's crazy the kinds of domains that people let drop.

1 person likes this.
  4. petermeadit

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Ha ha, yeah the Cat Ladies site... That's a top example, if people don't learn from this then they never will.

So I just saw alliedinsurance.com.au in the new drop tool at https://www.dntrade.com.au/drops.php

That's gotta be worth something, anybody care to give an appraisal? I might ask this in the appraisals thread.

5. Suzabro

Suzabro Administrator

Great tool. Looks really good.

1 person likes this.
  6. petermeadit

auDA Member:
    Yes
    It runs really fast, because the data is preloaded. Filters as I type, great fun!

1 person likes this.
  7. Scott.L

Scott.L Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Well done to you and everyone who put this together -

whats next? side by side bidding for netfleet and drop? ;)

1 person likes this.
  8. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Thanks for the feedback Scott!

No plans for side-by-side bidding, but we are going to add direct links to Drop and Netfleet (like the sidebar).

The main objective of the tool was to try and help streamline what many members are already doing manually.

Quite a few people are using it now and we have some updates coming very soon.

Cheers,
    Chris

1 person likes this.
  9. Cooper Mills DomainLawyer

Cooper Mills DomainLawyer Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Chris

I just saw this tool and I love it. This is great and a real value add to DNTrade VIP members.

Cheers
    Erhan

10. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Thanks Erhan, a few changes coming this week :)

I thought I'd leave it open for all members for a little while longer.

Cheers,
    Chris

11. rodders

rodders Membership: Community

Is there any way you can setup email alerts with this tool or with NF or DROP so that it send you droping domains that meet your preloaded keywords ? Have been wanting this for a while so I don't have to watch drops every day

Sent via DNTrade mobile

12. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    1 person likes this.
  13. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    i use netfleet alerts and find it a REAL time saving device ( no offense to drop as i am sure its just as good ) but NF will pick up AMA's i think? hmmm, haven't checked that !

i use short words, meaning if i was looking for "dubbodentist" or similar i would make the alert "dent" , i find the report picks up alot of names i wouldn't have considered that way.

it does make the report longer but you fine tune it over time.

the reality IS you still will miss things of interest to you as you simply haven't thought of that extension to what you are doing.

tim

14. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    We're now displaying links and Domain Authority from SEOmoz. There's still some cleaning up of the interface that needs to be done, expect some changes in the next day or so...

https://www.dntrade.com.au/drops.php

Cheers,
    Chris

15. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I think the search box needs to be more prominent. Main feature and it gets lost for me.

16. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Agree johno69, will move it to the left and make larger.