What's new

DN Trade Server Upgrade

soj

Founder
After a hectic 8 hours, I have finally managed to take control of the beast they call "server transfer". I had a tough time moving the site from one VPS to another, but after about 12 reinstalls of vbulletin, I finally managed to grab the bull by the horns and get things working.

While the site was down, I also upgraded to vBulletin 3.8.3 so hopefully less spam, and better usability. I apologise to anyone who tried to access the site while it was down.

Regards,
Michael

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Didn't notice a thing , unlike some crazy domainers i actually sleep , so its all good , i have noticed the membership going up and down. So it seems you are catching the bad guys before they unload all their crap on this forum

good stuff , thanks

soj

Founder
Haha, I sleep normal hours too (well not while im at home) but I am in Nice at the moment, so the 8 hour difference helps doing modifications while everyone in Australia is sleeping.

Yeh I have been going through deleting all the spammers, after i added the akismet plugin, it seems to make spammed post need moderation, so I can delete them without being shown on the site. So many IP's i have been adding to the banned list, but they keep coming from everywhere. I will do a proper deletion of users soon, to nearly everyone who is outside of Australia, may send out an email to those that aren't and see if they actually have an interest in the site, well see how the spammers go then.

Jonathan

Top Contributor
Yeah, I went into DNTrade withdrawal :)

So Soj, what's with all the travelling? Are you on a holiday or a business trip?

Or both? I'm planning on taking an extended trip overseas next year and I'm trying to figure out how feasible it is to work as I travel.

soj

Founder
Travelling for about 6 months around Europe. Doing a little bit of work now and then, but otherwise just burning through the cash reserves. Should have put that money into domains, but that would have been too easy haha. On the final stretch, just got France to finish off, and then will be back before Spring Carnival.

In terms of having good internet access, most hotels either charge you an arm and a leg, sometimes 8 euro an hour, or maybe 20 euro for the night. Other hotels will give u free access, which sometimes you are limited to http and ftp, I couldnt even access my cpanels/whm to do site edits.

Though other than that, it hasn't been too bad. Sometimes youll go a week without internet, which for some people (especially me) you have huge withdrawals haha. It is something you gotta do once in your life. Will be good to get back home, and get back into business.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member