1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Disappearing Domains From VentraIP Account

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by payattention, Jun 14, 2012.

1. payattention

payattention Archived Member

2 problems.

1) These issues appeared to have popped up when the new system was introduced last year or whenever it was.

I doubt I'm the only one affected by this but others may not be aware of it and be at risk of their domains lapsing. Some of my domains have disappeared from the VentraIP portal and have only been put back because I noticed them missing.

They were still registered with VentraIP and in my name but they didn't appear in the control panel. Quite frustrating and there is the potential they could be forgotten about and lapse.

I have a spreadsheet of all my domains and at some point I will need to go in and check each one to ensure it's listed under my account (waste of my time). If I didn't have the spreadsheet, it would be hard to even remember which ones were even missing from the account. No idea if this impacts renewal reminders or not. At the end of the day, the onus is on me to know what domains I have and when they lapse but this doesn't really help.

2) I have someone elses domain in my account (for over a year now) and it's soon to lapse in 79 days time.

When I first contacted VentraIP about this a year ago, they were of little help but suggested I contact the owner myself. I sent an email and got no response. I'll have to chase them up by phone (waste of my time) as I don't know if they've got a renewal warning or even if they can renew it given it's listed under my account. Not my domain, not registered in my name but under my account. If I can't contact the right person, I'm faced with the choice of letting it lapse or renewing it for them at a cost to me.

Customer service rep didn't seem to phased about this so I decided to post this here.

2. BenWalker

BenWalker Membership: Community

I experianced problem 1 as well.

Was rather annoyed. But they did fix it after I lodged a ticket.

Hopefully doesnt happen again!

3. helloworld

helloworld Membership: VIP

So are you going to renew their domain (lol) ?

I'ii take your business, not quite as cheap but I've never had this type of issue. It's impossible with whmcs actually.

4. James

James Membership: VIP

This is very worrying, I have around 60 domains with these guys and even transferred some premium $x,xxx domains into the account, this type of thing should simply not be happening.

5. Blue Wren

Blue Wren Membership: VIP

Agree James; not good at all.
    I have several domains with them myself. I shall have to check my own now.
    Thanks for the heads-up payattentionahr.

VentraIp are sponsors here right? It would be great to get some kind of official response to these alleged issues.

6. sp@rky13

sp@rky13 Membership: Community

I presume you've submitted a ticket?

7. payattention

Obviously.

Just incase anyone thinks I'm higher than Harlem right now, here is a screenshot.

[​IMG]

I got 2 PM's from others who have experienced the same issue (won't reveal their names, they can do so if they wish).

8. Mick

Mick Membership: Community

This relates to the old legacy system of domain management we used. Where by we never used the domains database of WHMCS when we first started offering domains with Bottle Domains in 2009 or DIT later on. When we switched to our own wholesale system and adjusted VIPControl to use the WHMCS domains database there was some customers who had domains missing due to this change. One thing to keep in mind is this only affects customers BEFORE we had our own wholesale system online and hasn't to any customers who register/transfer domains to us now.

Regardless of the domains not being visible in VIPControl so long as you're the registrant of the domain and the email address is correct you'll receive the expiry notices.

The domain in question had a COR performed but it wasn't moved to another account as it was performed at the time with Distribute.IT directly and we were never advised of it so we never knew the domain was to move to someone elses account, but since we never knew about the COR taking place we couldn't move it anywhere else as we still don't to this date know the new client.

I'm all for fixing any domain issues with our new wholesale system or VIPControl but I need to know about them first. Which is why I'm involved here. :)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  9. payattention

Cheyne gave me a call and I've figured out where I stand with this but just let me add I contacted you guys about this a year ago and was told it wasn't your problem, it's not fair to suggest you were previously unaware and that's why you're here now.

10. VentraIP

VentraIP Membership: VIP

Hi Jonathon,

Thank you for taking my call today.

Mick has explained most of it to you, just as I did today, but I just wanted to highlight two important issues for everybody else reading this thread.

1. Issues with customers who had domain names in our legacy systems have caused us problems for some time it. We know it's annoying, but most of our Level 1 guys know exactly how to fix these types of issues and that is why they may come across as if it's not a big issue. I can assure you and everybody else reading this thread that we do know about these issues, and as time goes by and domains expire and move out of our legacy system these sorts of issues are coming up less and less.

2. What Mick said is correct and it's part of the reason why we changed the COR process so that we can make sure a domain name is moved to another account once it's been completed.

And on our call, you also pointed out another issue regarding some blank emails you have been getting from us. THANK YOU! You've just found a small bug in the system that our developers have now picked up and are fixing.

All of these little issues are exactly why we've had the system in beta for close to 18 months now. We want to find these issues with our customers before we have resellers coming on board and finding them. I sincerely appreciate you telling us about this bug.

But, this goes for all customers, if you think for whatever reason that our Level 1 team are not taking your issues as seriously as you think they should, please submit an eTicket to the Customer Care department and please let us know. That queue is only checked by Management staff (including Mick), and it gives us a birds eye view of any issues that may be happening which we don't otherwise see in the Level 1 helpdesk (as we don't check every ticket that comes in, obviously).

Thanks once again.