What's new

Developing MRIscan

ttfan

Top Contributor
I managed to obtain MRIscan.com.au, and thought I'd try to develop it to see if I can make it earn a few $$$. I know it's probably not the greatest domain as search volume is fairly low, but CPC seems quite good, so I'd like to have a go, even if it's just a leaning experience.
My thoughts are to use a simple Wordpress theme to turn it onto a information site on MRI scans in general, then add some Adsense to see if I can earn something from the clicks. As this is current a hobby for me (hoping to turn it into something more!), I can't spend too much time on it, but if there are better ways to monitise this domain, I'd love to hear some tips from the more experienced people here.
Thanks guys!

Shane

Top Contributor
It sounds like a nice exact match domain, but it could be a tough one to monetise. Adsense can be okay, buy you need pretty serious traffic for it to be worthwhile. Mind you, it depends what you class as worthwhile... Some people are happy if the income covers the renewal costs, whilst others would be looking for a few hundred (or more) per month to make it worth their time.

The best piece of advice that I could give - if you're going to monetise a domain, try and do it via lead generation rather than advertising. Selling leads is always going to be far more profitable than selling advertising space.

ttfan

Top Contributor
Thank you Shane!
By 'lead generation' are you referring to Affiliate links? If so, there appears to be only a handful for operators, and I've not seen any of them offering any sort of affiliate program.

Shane

Top Contributor
I'm talking about generating leads via web forms that you can sell directly to businesses. For sure it's a lot more difficult to build a website that can generate the right sort of traffic and get those visitors to complete an enquiry form, but if you can do it there will always be businesses keen to pay good money for those leads.

Offtap

My advice - as someone that has a past medical imaging background and a wife who was in medical imaging sales - offer it to Siemens or GE for a sensible amount. No amount of tinkering will be worth the quick sale you might be able to extract.

ttfan

Top Contributor
Thank you for the great tip!
The million $$ question would be, what a sensible amount? :)

snoopy

Top Contributor
A few thousand, I highly doubt this is going to result in a sale though.

Have a go at developing it but only for fun, it is is a name that isn't really worth anything. The CPC you are seeing is probably deceptive because there is very few advertisers for this term. I get one radiology centre advertising then after that it is stuff like "au.ask.com/What+Is+A+MRI+Scan"

The main problem with the name though is this is not how companies in this industry brand and it is probably not the type of industry likely to spend much on a domain either.

Horshack

Top Contributor
You could try offering it to one of the larger chains of x-ray centres but I wouldn't waste your time developing it. Maybe try Capitol Health and you never know they might just offer you some shares instead of cash for the domain name as they are a listed company.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member