What's new

Dark Blue Sea Acquires Australian Drop Catcher

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
it says:

"As part of the acquisition Dark Blue Sea will become an Australian domain name reseller".

If they acquired Domain8 they would become an registrar rather than a reseller

dntech

This is very good news for me. I'm a big fan of Fabulous having used them for many years and registered many thousands of domains through them. Being able to use them for .com.au domains will be a breath of fresh air as I haven't found any company that particularly stands out for me in the AU registrar space. Plus being able to have them all in the one control panel alongside my TLD's will be handy. Can't wait to hear more.

dotworx

This is very good news for me. I'm a big fan of Fabulous having used them for many years and registered many thousands of domains through them. Being able to use them for .com.au domains will be a breath of fresh air as I haven't found any company that particularly stands out for me in the AU registrar space. Plus being able to have them all in the one control panel alongside my TLD's will be handy. Can't wait to hear more.

Agree - Fabulous's control panel is just fabulous! If they offer .au registrations, that'd be fantastic.

and more news about DBS…

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...ches-bid-for-dark-blue-sea-20091002-gfw9.html

geodomains

Top Contributor
Well I hope DBS keep the site operating as is and don't just use it for themselves, would be a shame if that does happen. Shareholder returns are what most listed companies are looking for.
I wonder what business model they have in mind, keep the site running as is, or take the cream and throw the crumbs. Anyone care to answer from DBS?

Don

dotworx

Well I hope DBS keep the site operating as is and don't just use it for themselves, would be a shame if that does happen. Shareholder returns are what most listed companies are looking for.
I wonder what business model they have in mind, keep the site running as is, or take the cream and throw the crumbs. Anyone care to answer from DBS?
Don

or something in between - publish a filtered drop list with names DBS doesn't want... DOH!

domainlover

Top Contributor
it looks like they have issued 2 million shares to the owners of domain8 with quite a few performance and profit hurdles which seems to imply that they are looking to profit from the existing model.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member