What's new

Creating A Video On The Value of AU Domains

Chris.C

Top Contributor
So of late there has been mention that it can be sometimes difficult to educate potential buyers on the value of domains.

As far as I'm aware the best two resources for quickly giving a buyer reasons to buy a domain are from NetFleet:

http://www.netfleet.com.au/Why-Are-Generic-Domains-Valuable.pdf

and

http://www.netfleet.com.au/blog/australian-domains/video-blog-netfleet-talks-domain-names/

However these are getting a little old and I think much more could be spoken about when it comes to the value of investing in domain names.

And I was thinking what could be interesting is if we could get 4 or 5 guys on these forums willing to do a brief interview and answer some common questions on reasons for businesses to invest in domain names, then we just use snippets from each of the interviews to create a bit of a montage that goes for 10 - 15 minutes about all the aspects of domain names.

General thoughts?

johno69

Top Contributor
Sounds great.

I remember seeing David in some videos in the past I think somewhere on this exact topic.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
So no one else likes this idea? If not, why not?

Would anyone be willing to be interviewed?

James

Top Contributor
could be good if you have the video from the end users point of view,

For example: Florist owner jenny who purchased floristsydney.com.au has seen sales increase by 400% after purchasing the domain and the benefits behind the specific domain.

chris

Top Contributor
I think it's a great idea Chris, I'd be happy to help. Count me in!

I'm sure we could get some others involved.

Cheers,
Chris

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Sounds like a fantastic idea! However, it would be quite a logistical challenge to film and edit.
I agree.

That's why at this stage I was thinking that the "filming" probably couldn't be like in David's interview, rather we mught have to opt for something that was basically just audio with a mug shot, business name, credientials etc of the person speaking. A bit like a news interview on TV when they don't have a live feed.

I also think this might give us more oppurtunity to add in screen captures and videos of other things.

Yeah, it won't look like the best thing since sliced bread, but it will help us cut down on logistics, filiming and editting massively, and if it's largely audio and images/screen captures etc it will also allow us to add to it over time if things change and most importantly it will get the ball rolling on domain education for the AU market.

So I guess I see the video being a bit more of a "compilation" of the thoughts and opinions on domains from people all over the industry and associated industries.

What does everyone else think the best strategy would be?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member