What's new

Crazy Domains Registrar Charges $80 to Auto Renew

Ashman

Top Contributor
I have a domain with Crazy Domains Registrar which is close to the renewal date. The normal cost of renewal is $20 if you do it manually.

Today I received an email stating the domain is close to the auto renewal date and the cost is $99.90 !!!

They are charging $80 to process auto renewals...WTF

Joel

Top Contributor
Why are people still with Crazy Domains! They use the same tactics year after year to make a killing on services that are cheaper at nearly all other registrars.

If only people checked out the details before falling for dirt cheap registration.

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Avoid them like the plague! Like many others I've had some terrible experiences with them (to be fair it was a few years ago now... maybe they've lifted their game?!).

I experienced staggering incompetence and shocking customer service. Never again.

James

Top Contributor
I had some clients who had some issues with Crazy Domains, did not speak highly of them at all.

nt81

Top Contributor
Crazy Domains Registrar = Crazy Domains Reseller ??? I think this needs clarification.

If so, they can set whatever domain pricing they like. It could of course be an error.

Good Feedback : The business that I work for is a Crazy Domains Reseller and we have well over 1200+ domains registered for thousands of customers that we take care of.

I am aware that they have a shady past, but for as long as I have worked here, we haven't had a single issue with Crazy Domains Wholesale domains.

The horror stories that I HAVE heard are all "we purchased $1 hosting with Crazy Domains and it never works"

nt81

Top Contributor
Sorry, I'm confused... In relation to the first post here, ss this your wholesale account that is saying it will be that price for renewal?

Or someone else's wholesale account?

findtim

Top Contributor
i have 99% of my domains with crazyD ( CD ) and as long as you do not need phone support then you are ok.

but their phone support has become MUCHHHHHHHHHHHH quicker recently

i have 2 CD accounts plus a reseller account with syra and have little problems.

i have found CD works best in chrome, IE11 doesn't like it on my computers.

i agree they want to upsell CONSTANTLY, but thats just marketing isn't it?

i'm presently happy with them

tim

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
i agree they want to upsell CONSTANTLY, but thats just marketing isn't it?

i'm presently happy with them

tim

Most of my domains and one of my virtual servers are with Go Daddy and they also go hard on the upsell. I take the same attitude as you, they're a business and need to make money to offer competitive prices. The marketing/upsell doesn't bother me.

Ashman

Top Contributor
Sorry, I'm confused... In relation to the first post here, ss this your wholesale account that is saying it will be that price for renewal? Or someone else's wholesale account?

I have a reseller account. One of my domains names is set to auto renew. Today I received an email stating that the domain will auto renew in 3 weeks at a cost of $99.90. If I process the renewal manually via the resller console it only costs $20. So they are now charging $80 to process auto renews.

nt81

Top Contributor
What is the domain TLD?

There is no way in hell they can justify $80 for autorenew

findtim

Top Contributor
i have NO problem with upselling, as long as its not deceiving.

had a client recently ask me WHY CD sent them an invoice for $50 ? ish , for domain name delegation !!!! once i spent MY TIME investigating it this was the result.

the client registered with CD a domain ) per-tim), then delegated it to my servers once they found me, the client had clicked the button 2 years ago thinking that they NEEDED that service, i was never told, so now i have a 2 year relationship with the client they always come to me BEFORE paying a bill that relates to online.

end result: i have now taken control of the domain for them, i have charged them basically the fee CD wanted to but said " hey you made a mistake, now i will fix it and in the long run you are better off "

there's a whole lot of other issues i solved for them so it just shows businesses are getting ripped of DAILY

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
I have a reseller account. One of my domains names is set to auto renew. Today I received an email stating that the domain will auto renew in 3 weeks at a cost of $99.90. If I process the renewal manually via the resller console it only costs $20. So they are now charging $80 to process auto renews.

that is BULLS*^T, horrible, i never do auto renew just because its all inside my accounting system but that is a complete take the P^SS system.

CrazyD, i love them and hate them all at the same time, its when the tide shifts that the boats go out to sea.

could be said for a few other internet businesses as well !

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members