What's new

Crazy domains poor service

Nobel

Just thought I’d start a new post on some poor service that I received from Crazy Domains who I know that many domainers also use as a registrar (and hopefully this does not happen again to anyone).

On the 18th August (last month), I renewed 15 .com and .net domain names and paid for them out of my credit card. Unbeknown to me, crazy domains did not process the renewal of these names. About a week later when I called Crazy Domains to enquire, they informed me that the domains had entered the redemption period and that I have to pay $140 per domain to regain control of them.

But importantly, they also admitted that the redemption period did not begin until the 22nd August and that if they had renewed the names when I paid for them then the domains would be registered to me (i.e. customer service admitted fault and asked me to email the complaints department which I did).

I emailed complaints immediately but I did not receive a return email outlining their response until approx. 10 days later. In the meantime, I have been calling customer service at least once a week to follow up my enquiry. Each and every time, I am advised that the matter will be passed onto the domains team and that someone will call me back later that day. Unfortunately, no one has ever called me back. :( And on top of that, Crazy Domains decided not to refund my renewal money until this week (therefore they held my money for over 3 weeks before refunding the money to me). :confused:

On principal, I will transfer my names away from Crazy Domains. Being in the customer service game myself, if I was to treat my clients in the same way, I know I would have no business left. Is this an isolated incident, or has anyone else experienced poor customer service from Crazy Domains? Or alternatively has anyone experienced some exceptional service from Crazy Domains? Interested to hear others thoughts.

James

Top Contributor
A client of mine has a portfolio of names at Crazy Domains, I have advised them to move the domains to another suppliers. After a few cases of poor service, I find that crazy Domains do not even attempt to provide customers service for clients.

findtim

Top Contributor
i use crazyD and syra, yes they have S^*T service, but i know this, as long as you pay your renewals ontime/before due date you don't have an issue.

i understand your frustration but you didn't pay the bills !

i have posted MANYYYYY times that you should never expect CD to answer the phone or return your call, they have moved offshore, don't do GST, my bankwest business credit card will NOT work with them so i go now via paypal, got stung recently for incorrectly invoices and basically don't give a hoot.

WHY am i still with them, because they are consistantly hopeless and i have no expectations.

other potential providers on domain registration i have been looking to transfer my folio to but NONE have impressed me enough to spend the time to make the move.

i'll post about this in a few weeks as i want more facts, but right now i'm frustrated by the constant lies in the industry. i'm struggling to trust any service, from a to z

tim

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
I think you're crazy Tim, especially when domain renewal is mission critical.

What's the difference between the renewal amounts $5?

Mick

Top Contributor
findtim; said:
59491other potential providers on domain registration i have been looking to transfer my folio to but NONE have impressed me enough to spend the time to make the move.
Not even us? ;)

Nobel

Maybe I should make it clear that I paid my bills 4 days before the deadline, Crazy Domains took my money and never processed the renewals.

i use crazyD and syra, yes they have S^*T service, but i know this, as long as you pay your renewals ontime/before due date you don't have an issue.

i understand your frustration but you didn't pay the bills !

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
is it 4 days before renewal or 4 days before the 30 days after expired domain?

also everytime i renew a domain i get an email within minutes confirming it and a receipt, its almost a habit as i know i have to forward that to my bookkeeper.

never 4 days, maybe a few hours

handreg, i accept 24hours but most times these days its 1 minute - 60minutes.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
I recommend an AussieHQ reseller account, mine hasn't missed a beat in years. They have free dns and all that too.

well on your advice i rang them as i have been researching all options lately, basically same thing as crazyD, on hold , on hold, "we value your service" "drop us an email" on hold, on hold, ahhhhh WHY would i spend time moving to get the same result?

at the moment ventraip are winning the race but still i haven't commited,

mick..... if you know about what i did today thats not for public knowledge, that was on "client instruction" although i did advise them ventraip had the best option right now for them.

it was also a good way to trial ventrip's service, which i must say so far today they have jumped way ahead of anyone else.

tim

Mick

Top Contributor
mick..... if you know about what i did today thats not for public knowledge, that was on "client instruction" although i did advise them ventraip had the best option right now for them.
If it was for retail relating with us I won't know about it. We keep a virtual firewall between retail and wholesale, I only deal with wholesale customers.

it was also a good way to trial ventrip's service, which i must say so far today they have jumped way ahead of anyone else.
Thats very good to hear. :)

Joel

Top Contributor
well on your advice i rang them as i have been researching all options lately, basically same thing as crazyD, on hold , on hold, "we value your service" "drop us an email" on hold, on hold, ahhhhh WHY would i spend time moving to get the same result?

Fair enough. On the rare occasion I've had to call support, even after midnight a few times, I've spoken to somebody.

VentraIP do have a good reputation so you probably won't run into many issues with them.

Mick

Top Contributor
*Cough* bulk DNS updates?

It is coming, wholesale hosting and licensing takes priority at the moment. Believe it or not we don't get many people wanting bulk DNS.

If you could let me know the kinds of things you want the bulk DNS to do I can pass it on, so we've got an idea where to focus it in our timeline :)

johno69

Top Contributor
If you could let me know the kinds of things you want the bulk DNS to do I can pass it on, so we've got an idea where to focus it in our timeline :)

I'd like to be able to group domains together and change the DNS of a group all at once.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member