What's new

Crazy Domains have gone Crazy!!

OzDomainer

Hi all
I very rarely have a rant, but this one I think is justified.
I just made this post on Facebook about Crazy Domains / Cheap Domains sudden price hike on their domain reg & renewal prices.
Here is the link to my post on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/edkeaysmith/posts/10154005871056337 and what I wrote below which is a direct copy of the post.
NOT Happy Crazy Domains & Cheap Domains!!!
https://www.facebook.com/crazydomains/

I very rarely go on rants but this one I think is justified, see if you agree with me.

I have been a client of Crazy Domains & their sister company Cheap Domains for at least 6 years now and have 350 .com.au domains registered with them.

Because I buy more than the average person / business, I had been given a special rate of AU$18 inc GST for 2 years registration of a .com.au domain for both new domains & renewals.

Last week, out of the blue with no notification what so ever from Crazy Domains, my price went up to AU$38 per domain!!! More than double the price. WTF?? I thought to myself.

So I called the accounts department of Crazy Domains and was given the run around, put on hold for ages then promised that someone capable of making a decision would call me straight back within the hour. Guess what happened? Yep, no call back.

So the next day I called back again, saaaaame thing again. They have the nerve to call me a VIP customer in my account as well.
How poorly must non VIP clients get treated?

So today I give it one last crack, but again no joy. The customer service rep gives me some standard company BS about how Crazy Domains reserve the right to increase there prices whenever they like. Is that so!!

Well I reserve the right to notify all of my dozens of clients who have domains with Crazy (I will just call them Crazy from now on) to move them to another registrar.

I also reserve the right to move my 350 domains away from Crazy to another registrar (at this moment it will be Drop.com.au)

I also reserve the right to recommend to all my friends on Facebook to NEVER user Crazy Domains or Cheap Domains to register any domains or to use their hosting. They have ZERO customer service!

Thanks for reading my rant, it is now time to start doing a bulk transfer of my domains away from Crazy!

Yes they really are Crazy

ttfan

Top Contributor
Hope you can negotiate a good renewal rate at drop.com.au, as their standard rate ($49.95/2yrs) is about double that of many others.

Honan

Top Contributor
Crazy are owned by dreamscape networks with their HQ in Dubai UAE
I wonder what their COR charge for .au is nowadays

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi all
I very rarely have a rant, but this one I think is justified.
I just made this post on Facebook about Crazy Domains / Cheap Domains sudden price hike on their domain reg & renewal prices.
Here is the link to my post on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/edkeaysmith/posts/10154005871056337
https://www.facebook.com/edkeaysmith/posts/10154005871056337
Excellent rant Ed! I'm a great believer in speaking up when things aren't right. So good on you.

Hope you can negotiate a good renewal rate at drop.com.au, as their standard rate ($49.95/2yrs) is about double that of many others.
Drop.com.au has always offered special rates to members of DNTrade - and they reiterated their offer on Domainer (when Cam did a podcast interview with me).

all Domainer.com.au readers Aussie domain registrations at just $22 each (inclusive of GST). This applies to new registrations; renewals, auction wins on their Drop platform. Plus they discount their Change of Registrant fee to $29.95 (normally $49.95).

OzDomainer

The best way is to shop around. What are the prices with other domain name providers for initial registration and renewals afterwards.
Maybe there is trend in the industry to have a sweet initial deal and then increase the charges for renewals. A bit like insurance companies.

Thanks, I am currently moving all of my domains to Drop.com.au. They have given me a very good price and they have great service.

OzDomainer

Ed, Im surprised you were paying $18 as that is below cost. I personally don't mind paying a little bit more for renewals to ensure that I get good support when I have a problem. Drop.com.au and Synergy are both good registrars and worth considering - most importantly they are experienced in dealing with large portfolio owners.

Thanks Erhan

I new I was getting a good price at $18 but that does not count for everything. Drop has offered me a very good price for renewals & new registrations so I will be moving them all across to them. I already have quite a few domains with them that I have picked up over the past six years from the drops. Catherine has always been great in customer support.

Ed

OzDomainer

Christopher

Top Contributor
Wow, thanks Chris, that's a great price.
So just checking, in order to qualify for a discount, you need to pay for a yearly membership?

ttfan

Top Contributor
You just need to pay a once-off 29.95 joining fee, which is then fully credited into your account to use, so it's basically free.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member