What's new

Crazy Domains backorder system?

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hmm - not heard of it before. I spoke to Ryan ages ago and he said he was setting up a drop catching system so who knows.

Think this
Every day 1,000,000's of domain names expire or get deleted,
might be an exaggeration even in the gTLD space!

Have back ordered a domain name from crazy domains but others sites are still offering a back order service for the same domain. i.e 'still available to back order'

findtim

Top Contributor
firstly... i have done NO research on this but i have always thought that the "backorder" system eg: paying $8 or whatever is a scam, they all offer it and basically you are still fighting for the domain ! so there can be only 1 winner.

domains go on NF and Drop etccccc each day and get bid on for thousands of dollars so WHY would anyone offer you the service of picking it up for a small fee JUST because you thought of it first !

like i said i have done no research, so my post is about ...... OF COURSE other websites are offering the backorder to everyone else !!!, its just pure CREAM profit for them.

just my opinion thats all

tim

ps: isn't all you get for a back order a notification that its going to drop? just so you don't have to constantly check it? that was my impression.

Last edited:

johno69

Top Contributor
Have back ordered a domain name from crazy domains but others sites are still offering a back order service for the same domain. i.e 'still available to back order'

100000000000000 sites can offer the same domain for back order, doesnt mean they will catch it.

I've been semi-watching and not seen anything caught.

acheeva

Top Contributor
imo $8 for a "drop" notification is relatively cheap, if you are not actively following the drops and you want the name

Also it seems like any registrar could run the drops if they wanted to

I have at the volumes & values and hardly think it is a golden goose begging

Obviously there is only one pot and a new participant would be mostly taking share from the other; with maybe some offset because of new "punters" they introduce

A lot of the success on the drops seems as much based on the skills of the geeks in the background as the hardware / software requirements. A new entrant would need to start "running" to have a significant impact

findtim

Top Contributor
its not so long ago i didn't know about NF and drop even after 12 years in the industry, i guess i just didn't think as i was just hand registering so i think MANYYYYY people don't know either so there is a good market for this back order system if its on what doesn't get picked up on NF etc.

But businesses like crazy are going to make alot of money with no accountability, great system really !

i know myself i have purposely taken a chance and not bid on a domain so i can pick it up the next day on crazy.

I have also done it and missed out !

tim

phpdev

There was a PendingDelete TLD .com I wanted, so a registered with SnapNames.com as usual, and also thought I would give the Crazy Domains Backorder service a try, only $9, why not.

At 7:30am the next morning I received the following email:
"Congratulations! Your internet domain name has been registered for 1 year(s)."
and it was from... Crazy Domains.. $9.00 snapped and registered for 1 year!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member