What's new

Crazy Advertising

johno69

Top Contributor
http://screencast.com/t/jR3LwtcrWx

These guys have been promoting their $1 Domains a while now so this probably isn't news to many.

But the $1 domains are .asn.au and inaccessible or even lets say, unwanted by many.

But this ad to me is very misleading to say the least.

Thoughts?

Paul.

Last edited:

DavidL

Top Contributor
Jeez - that is pushing it a bit!

Their business model just seems to be get more domains at all costs - whether it's spending a fortune on Pamela Anderson ads, Adwords, Cebit stands or pushing the boundaries of marketing claims.

It just can't be sustainable...

acheeva

Top Contributor
There attitude is that they are not based in Australia; so they see compliance with Oz guidelines etc as "a mute point" (their words)

geodomains

Top Contributor
I don't trust them at all as I had paid for a hosting package and relised afterwards it was for single domain only and asked if I could have a refund, this was all in the same day.

I was told I could have a credit only, when I made a claim with my bank for a refund on my credit card I checked on their website and they were offering no questions asked refunds anyway.

Bunch of crooks as far as I concerned.

Don

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
A client of mine bought 1 .com.au domain from them for her business (against my advice). She wanted to change the nameservers for her site, and 12 emails, 7 phone calls, and 1 emotional breakdown later, her domain now points to her hosting. :cool:

johno69

Top Contributor
I have a few throw away .coms there and it's pretty easy to update DNS.

But I guess if you don't know how you just don't know how.

I've emailed and asked for a link to their $1 .com.au's

findtim

Top Contributor
well i've posted a lot negative stuff about them in the past which still stands but to be fair i have to post the good stuff.

i have ALL my domains with them, i run it all myself and i KNOW if i ever have to phone them then its probably a longgggggggg wait on the phone, i did have a big hassle with them moving offshore but i have given that up as a dead end.

i don't think you can blame crazy for a dns change, its really easy, it takes me 1 minute, but sure people who don't know don't know, i don't we should be talking from a "shop owners" perspective as we are not that.

i think their ad is wrong wrong wrong, there service is slow but not rude to me, their back end system runs perfectly fine for me and i'm talking hundreds of domains.

i have 2 separate accounts and a reseller account and have no problems

now because of my domain volume i have an actual account managers' phone number and he actually does answer the phone or phone me back, i had an issue the other day and he answered the phone after 5 rings, he said he'd check it out and phone me back and DID, and said he would email me when it was fixed and DID ! so for all their faults i know they could pick up their game, could stop showing tits as an advert, and stop false advertising but i just manage my domains and hope i never have to phone them.

tim

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Their gTLD prices are pretty good but their .au prices are atrocious! $24 for .com.au for 2 years!? No way.

Ashman

Top Contributor
Their misleading advertising is only one reason I am moving to VentraIP reseller platform.

findtim

Top Contributor
Their misleading advertising is only one reason I am moving to VentraIP reseller platform.

i think WE ALL agree that advertising this thread started about is going to cost them dearly, in more ways the one.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members