What's new

crap name but makes money

findtim

Top Contributor
i constantly say this and i'm only posting this so others can comment, i have a domain name that if put on drops would go back to hand reg if you didn't investigate its DA and exacts, even then you couldn't sell it because you'd have to develop it first thats how bad it is in the present world of google.

it makes me good money, not boasting but today it made me $1000, tomorrow it will make me another $1000 but its a crap name, YESSSSSSSSS, i have put a lot of work into it but it has paid for itself AND my time many times over.

if i was to try to sell it on AMA i would fail at a BIN of $10. silly isn't it !

my point hmmm ? there are 2 ways to win and neither should be considered better then the other.

I suppose this post is that i am just sick of the constant trashing of the .com.au market, it is vibrant and if it is not happening for you then go do something else as that leaves more room for me.

you can buy a domain for $20 and MAKE it make you $5000 a year, or you can buy it for $20 and sell it for $500, the choice is yours, i prefer the yearly income ongoing ongoing ongoing ongoing ongoing,

tim

asantha

Top Contributor
or you can buy it for $20 and sell it for $500, the choice is yours, i prefer the yearly income ongoing ongoing ongoing ongoing ongoing,

tim

I actually sold one domain today,, found an end user, and sold for $550,, which i hand reg...

developing - the problem for me is - I have to spend money to start and the knowledge about that industry. ,,

findtim

Top Contributor
I actually sold one domain today,, found an end user, and sold for $550,, which i hand reg...

developing - the problem for me is - I have to spend money to start and the knowledge about that industry. ,,

hostgator hosting ( $40 p/a) use wordpress (free), buy a theme ($29), buy a bottle of wine or a 6 pack ($15) and ask youtube " wordpress tutorial" (free) and you will have loads of change from your $550.

its almost all there.

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
i constantly say this and i'm only posting this so others can comment, i have a domain name that if put on drops would go back to hand reg if you didn't investigate its DA and exacts, even then you couldn't sell it because you'd have to develop it first thats how bad it is in the present world of google.

it makes me good money, not boasting but today it made me $1000, tomorrow it will make me another $1000 but its a crap name, YESSSSSSSSS, i have put a lot of work into it but it has paid for itself AND my time many times over.

if i was to try to sell it on AMA i would fail at a BIN of $10. silly isn't it !

my point hmmm ? there are 2 ways to win and neither should be considered better then the other.

I suppose this post is that i am just sick of the constant trashing of the .com.au market, it is vibrant and if it is not happening for you then go do something else as that leaves more room for me.

you can buy a domain for $20 and MAKE it make you $5000 a year, or you can buy it for $20 and sell it for $500, the choice is yours, i prefer the yearly income ongoing ongoing ongoing ongoing ongoing,

tim

So your example of how .com.au is a "vibrant market" is that you believe that your name making $1000 per day wouldn't even get $10 if put up for auction? How is that an example of .com.au being is a vibrant market?

Secondly I suspect the actual content of the post is bull dust anyway. This one name makes you $1000 per day? As I said last time I heard a similar big claim by you, I'll look at for the Ferrari at the next get together.

findtim

Top Contributor
snoopy: it was pointed out to me last night that my Anglish ain't good often so i feel i should clarify my statement, i feel its needed both to your call for BS on my post and for my statement of profit.

i had no desire to mislead anyone.

so here is the clarification, its not $1000 per day .com.au "everyday" , it is a website that twice a year makes $1000 a day for 2 days each time = $4K , the rest of the year it clocks over and the total revenue is @ 39K p/a consistantly ( as helena does the books )

sorry to misrepresent it as a $1000 a day domain, its a $106 a day domain on average.

now who wants a $106 dollar domain day in day out ? me

and in closing, if i put it on AMA i wouldn't get $10 for it which was my point.

----------------

i mentioned last night at our meetup of a client of mine who has a "nice" domain name and is a housewife, 3 kids, and ticks over $300 - $500 a week in selling "prayer flags" and other stuff so my point is as always get the best domain name you can afford but its the marketing you then do that makes it happen.

------------

no ferrari, even if i could afford one, quite happy the way business is going right now

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
do these prayer flags work?

i think they are nice, but i also find laying in a park looking up watching the clouds pass by very relaxing, the fire inside my pizza oven is also very relaxing to watch.

so its what ever you want.

in places like byron prayer flags at the front of a property are more of a "hello" people start to relax and expect a friendly environment, a perception of what will happen next and thus i think they do work , almost like a referal eg: spacey if you contacted me and told me of someone who had a domain to sell or wanted to buy then i would be cool as i have met you and i would take that "emotional bank account" with me to the process of contact the next person, i think prayerflags do that for people who haven't met and have no common ground, thus the common ground is the flags.

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
All new to me but if it makes someone happy/share a message it's all good. I once remember reading an article titled 'make money selling good luck' it was in regards to selling lucky charms on the net, the example given at the time seemed to be showing profit, we all have different beliefs i guess

Ashman

Top Contributor
snoopy: it was pointed out to me last night that my Anglish ain't good often so i feel i should clarify my statement, i feel its needed both to your call for BS on my post and for my statement of profit.

i had no desire to mislead anyone.

so here is the clarification, its not $1000 per day .com.au "everyday" , it is a website that twice a year makes $1000 a day for 2 days each time = $4K , the rest of the year it clocks over and the total revenue is @ 39K p/a consistantly ( as helena does the books )

sorry to misrepresent it as a $1000 a day domain, its a $106 a day domain on average.

now who wants a $106 dollar domain day in day out ? me

and in closing, if i put it on AMA i wouldn't get $10 for it which was my point.

----------------

i mentioned last night at our meetup of a client of mine who has a "nice" domain name and is a housewife, 3 kids, and ticks over $300 - $500 a week in selling "prayer flags" and other stuff so my point is as always get the best domain name you can afford but its the marketing you then do that makes it happen.

------------

no ferrari, even if i could afford one, quite happy the way business is going right now

tim

Can we have a link to the domain and website your talking about?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member