What's new

Court to Yelp: Reveal names of negative reviewers

nt81

Top Contributor
Too easy to damage the reputation of a business these days.

I see it with clients working so hard to get out there on social media and link building, and to watch them get upset when some random / faceless competitor posts a negative review. It stings.

A better system is needed.

findtim

Top Contributor
I think I posted this before so i'll try to keep it short

one of my clients had A BAD negative review on google places, the idiot who did it placed negative reviews on our other 5 competitors in the area and THEN gave a raving review of themselves !!

so we contacted google as best you can ! and then phone all our competitors who had been trashed as well and let them know and then sent emailed them links to instructions to complain, the competitors were amazed we made the effort but we play fair. anyway without notification somehow the reviews were actually removed ! god/google works in many ways.

as for me, I picked up the phone ( as I always say ) and phone the person I felt did it and just simply suggested that IF it was them then I suggest they stop it as I have got the IP address of the person who posted the comments.

well actually I don't .... of course.. but they don't know that, also the IDIOT used the same gmail or something address to do each review.

SO tell me who orders flowers from 6 different florists in 1 suburb in 1 day ?

bottom line, YES, these review sites are pushing it up hill and I think the Yelp case will be a good thing to clean out and firm up these systems as people just do not trust them anymore and its increasing.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members