1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Counterfeit Bitcoin Merch

Discussion in 'Blockchain, Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies' started by Scott7, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Scott7

Scott7 Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Well that didn't take long. The official merch was only released on December 24. At least it advertises the website.

upload_2018-1-3_14-51-17.png

2. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

So this is counterfeit ? Have you contacted them ?

3. Scott7

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Yes, it is counterfeit. I have reported the seller to AliExpress, which is an eBay style site operating out of China. The seller has a large range of t-shirts, which all appear to be counterfeit.

I have also found some of my content copied by a well-established Bitcoin news site. I have contacted them asking for a link back to the original article.

4. eBranding.com.au

eBranding.com.au Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Unfortunately, this is very common. I've experienced this with many websites, across a wide variety of industries.

Depending on the circumstances, other actions could include:
    • notifying Google and other search engines (i.e. their website would be removed from search results);
    • issuing them with a formal notice of copyright infringement;
    • and of course, pursuing legal action.
    More info here:
    http://www.copyright.org.au/acc_pro.../008_Dealing_with_copyright_infringement.aspx

chris and Scott7 like this.
  5. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    First we have "UBU's" with domain names (Unauthorised Business Use) - now we have "UMU's" - Unauthorised Merchandise Use!

Scott7 and eBranding.com.au like this.
  6. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

On a serious note, will the price of the T-Shirts go down if Bitcoin price drops ?

Scott7 likes this.
  7. Scott7

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Ha ha. Maybe. Not a problem at the moment though. Looks like it's about break out to the upside. :D

DnEbook likes this.