What's new

Counter Offer Message Instead

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I dream of having a counter offer button that would send a message rather than a numerical counter offer. I'm thinking something to the effect of:

"F**K your $100 initial offer. Give me a real offer or piss off."

It could be more politically correct of course.

;)

Lucas

Top Contributor
I reckon there should be a minimum offer amount that you could optionally enter when listing a domain that would automatically reject offers under said amount.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
i dream of having a counter offer button that would send a message rather than a numerical counter offer. I'm thinking something to the effect of:

"f**k your $100 initial offer. Give me a real offer or piss off."

it could be more politically correct of course.

;)

lol :d

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I reckon there should be a minimum offer amount that you could optionally enter when listing a domain that would automatically reject offers under said amount.
Agreed.

I just got a $100 offer on a one word domain that has a $15,000+ BIN.

WTF...

:confused:

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Agreed.

WTF...

This industry is full of lowballers , on the other hand are you over stepping the value of the name ? I think some $100 offers are just to stick it up people asking too much

snoopy

Top Contributor
Don't take it personally. Most people are not in any position to value a name and most domainers ask way too much as well. Hundreds of people have told me an asking price is crazy, pass the crack pipe, "r u mad" etc. TBH most of the time they are right, the game in terms of endusers is getting that one buyer who will pay over the odds.

Quote a price and be done with it. Have something at least semi automated to deal with inquiries rather than thinking up responses or arguing with people, leave that for the forum.

Joel

Top Contributor
Agreed.

WTF...

15k might also be taken as 'does the seller really think people are that stupid?'

NF is full of overpriced domains.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Firstly I just want everyone to know this thread was made as a bit of a laugh. I'm not seriously wanting to tell people to FO.

That said, I'm always keen on having more flexibility within the netfleet catalogue system.

For those that are interested I just went and did the sums of the number of $100 offers I have received as initial offers.

Just over 50% of first offers are $100!

And about 80% of first offers are $200 or less!

Given that 95% of domain sales I make are $500+ that just works out to being a serious waste of everyone's time.

We should be able to set our own minimums or create minimum offer rules, ie either they offer a minimum $300 or 25% of the BIN, whichever is higher.

To be honest I think most buyers are probably throwing in something like hand reg prices initially, like $20, thinking that is what domains should cost then getting the following NF error statement that comes up in red:

"Your offer is below the minimum - $100.00"

So they just turn around and plug in the $100 minimum.

Why not just nip this "tyre kicking" in the bud and allow domain owners to set their own minimums as either a portfolio wide rule or for individual domains?

I'm sick of wasting my time with $100 NF offers that don't go anywhere...

on the other hand are you over stepping the value of the name ?
I've bought, sold and developed a LOT of AU domains over the last 5 years. Give me some credit guys.

:p

I have no doubt that it would get four figures at auction. So I think a low 5 figure amount is an appropriate listing price.

Of course if someone offered mid-high $XXXX and wouldn't pay a penny more I'd have some soul searching to do.

But... $100 initial offer. What can a buyer seriously hope to achieve offering $100 for a domain that obviously has a $XX,XXX BIN on it other than to piss the seller off?

Don't take it personally. Most people are not in any position to value a name and most domainers ask way too much as well.
I understand that most buyer don't know how to value a domain - and we as an industry probably should be doing more to help them - but if there is a BIN that is 150 times your initial offer that should at least give you "some" indication you're not in the ballpark.

And like I mentioned above I cringe at the thought of many buyers actually just entering the minimum of $100 stipulated in the error message because they worried they will "get ripped off" if they offer more.

Where as if you have a domain listed for $1200 with a minimum of $400 and the buyer is still willing to offer $400 then there is every chance they will find middle ground.

At $100 it is still quite unlikely middle ground will be reached unless the buyer started with a plan to quickly raise their offer if a counter offer was made, in which case lets cut the BS and get to the point.

Quote a price and be done with it. Have something at least semi automated to deal with inquiries rather than thinking up responses or arguing with people, leave that for the forum.
That's the problem with NetFleet the ONLY thing you can do is counter with your price.

There is no way to tell if they think $100 is a legitimate price or if they just sent through the $100 because that was the NetFleet minimum.

That's why I wanted to be able to click a button that would send them an automated message letting them know that I don't waste my time with low ball offers along with my counter offer.

15k might also be taken as 'does the seller really think people are that stupid?' NF is full of overpriced domains.
I agree, but I don't know about everyone else but when I see an outrageous price on a domain that I'd like to buy I just keep walking.

I don't put in a $100 to see if they will take it.

Joel

Top Contributor
We should be able to set our own minimums or create minimum offer rules, ie either they offer a minimum $300 or 25% of the BIN, whichever is higher.

I agree. You should really be able to set the starting price for your domain.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo