What's new

COR's on Expired domains

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Do you have expired domains at Drop.com.au that you don't intend to renew?

This has been covered in the $10 domain auction thread, but it's worthwhile pointing out in case people have missed it

Provided the domain is registered with Drop.com.au, you can do a COR on an expired domain, as long as it's in the 30 day post expiry grace period.

This opens up a fantastic opportunity to review your "dropping" domains and squeeze some extra revenue by listing in DnTrade's $10 Domain Auctions

Cheers!

Andrew

DavidL

Top Contributor
Good work, Andrew. Am I also right in thinking, Drop will allow registrants to transfer their names to Drop within 30 days advance of the expiry date and not demand a renewal like most registrars do?

So if domain expires in 10 days, you can transfer to Drop for no charge, then complete a COR at the standard rate?

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Hi David,

Actually the COR on expired domains issue was prompted by a question from Ned :)

Short answer - Yes. Longer answer below.

I can confirm that if your domains are close to expiry we don't force you to renew them when you transfer into Drop. I wouldn't leave it too late though - we recommend that there is at least 7-10 days left before the expiry date. As you have said there's no charge for a transfer between registrars.

You can perform a COR on an expired domain during the 30 day post expiry grace period (no need to renew and then COR). Again, don't leave this until the last minute - allow enough time for the COR process to run.

Cheers

Andrew

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members