What's new

COR transfers

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks netfleet as i had a very smooth core transfer from a private sale today.

not to say that other providers don't also do it but today i just chose netfleet.

method:
i agreed a price on a domain, i paid via paypal to the owner who then sent me the AUTH code, i then simply entered the AUTH code into netfleet and the domain was transfered... easy.

i just wanted to post this as i've read a lot of post from people mostly newbies that think its difficult but its not.

One thing i will add is the owner obviously trusted me to do the transfer, otherwise you can get yourself into the situation where the COR doesn't happen as recent threads have described, this is why some sellers want to do the COR themselves.

but for this transaction it was sooooo easy

great system

tim

Ash

Top Contributor
Hey all, I was the other half of that COR transfer and just want to echo what Tim has said in this post - the process couldn't have been any easier!

I was expecting it to be an arduous process but it was done in a jiffy...

One thing to add as a seller, just remember to check your email because Netfleet will send you an email to confirm the transfer (and if you miss that email it will delay the process).

sydneyduo

Have to agree with Tim and Ash here

Very easy and quick process - I've done over 20 COR's so far already!

A quick feedback for the Netfleet team - perhaps we can incorporate a reminder to the buyer/ seller if say after 3 days, there has been no action taken?
By sending to both parties, it allows the other party to also remind to check their spam folder.

Sometimes the previous COR email might have been sent to spam

Just so that we can speed things along

Thanks!

Mark

Top Contributor
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys - you will have made Anthony's day!

And that's a great idea about reminder emails...definitely worth plugging that in.

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys - you will have made Anthony's day!
:D too true
And that's a great idea about reminder emails...definitely worth plugging that in.
Lost and/or ignored emails do seem to be the biggest causes of delays, so a great idea to start following these up automatically. Letting both parties know about the delay also seems sensible (since we do not have a second method of contacting new registrants/buyers)

sydneyduo

:D too true

Lost and/or ignored emails do seem to be the biggest causes of delays, so a great idea to start following these up automatically. Letting both parties know about the delay also seems sensible (since we do not have a second method of contacting new registrants/buyers)

Yup - a lot easier if both get reminders, and the seller can just drop an email to buyer "hey, check your spam for email from Netfleet"

That would speed things up for sure :)

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
Yup - a lot easier if both get reminders, and the seller can just drop an email to buyer "hey, check your spam for email from Netfleet"

That would speed things up for sure :)
Please let me know if the Netfleet emails are ending up in spam folders...as generally we can do something about it if that happens. In my experience following up with these the new registrant did not know about Netfleet yet...

findtim

Top Contributor
based on some other posts that the buyer hadn't done the COR ( for almost 2 years !!! ) when i did the deal with Ash i really wanted it done quickly to prove to myself thats how it could be done, apparently from now it takes a day or 2 to process but thats FINE and is just the system in action.

So for us we had no issue but the reminder email is a great idea because if it goes over 7 days then there is a problem and it needs to be JUMPED on.

tim

-----------
now the story:

i bought my first domain of a person in USA in 1999, cost me $300 USD (big money back then) and i sent a cheque ! , those were the days ! he emailed me he received the money a week later but it took another 11months for him to email me the domain passwords... only because of this..

I sent him ANOTHER email, the subject line was "happy birthday"

"happy birthday john, you have had my money for 12 months and i don't have the domain. tim"

this was my FIRST experience of buying a domain, you can imagine what i thought.

i got the passwords the next day, i built it but it never went anywhere as the business model sucked, i closed it and kept it for 11 years and when i moved from 1 laptop to the new one a few years ago i missed some data so it drop and now some BS website in china owns it ( .com) so i guess it was never meant to be for me ! i still have the .au but maybe i should let that drop and get rid of the baggage?

Ash

Top Contributor
It shouldn't take anywhere near that long.

That's the stated transfer time from another registrar over to Netfleet...

Extract from Netfleet confirmation email:

* Once you have entered into the Agreement, the transfer will take place within 2 calendar days.​

johno69

Top Contributor
That's the stated transfer time from another registrar over to Netfleet...

Extract from Netfleet confirmation email:

* Once you have entered into the Agreement, the transfer will take place within 2 calendar days.​

Yes so thats the change or registrar happening. The COR will be pretty much instant.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member