1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

COR Email going into Junk Folder.

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by logicstorm, Dec 14, 2011.

1. logicstorm

logicstorm Membership: VIP

Hi,

I recently found out that the email sent to the new registrant for confirmation of COR process goes into their JUNK MAIL folder and it delayed communication and also the whole COR processes.

Can you please investigate this and fix this if possible?

Cheers,
    Jay

2. payattention

payattention Archived Member

Please note: When customers are automatically opted into an email list and not given the option of a 1 click unsubscribe, I (and looks like many others) just click the spam button. This of course, impacts end users when people mark Ventra IP as spam which is probably why your emails went to the junk folder. If they didn't opt their customers into a marketing list without informing them or at least provided a 1 click unsub option, this probably wouldn't happen.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  3. Joel

Joel Membership: Community

I recently completed a COR (as the new registrant) and all emails came through fine.

It's most likely the Junk Mail filter settings at their end, not VentraIP's.

4. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I had the same actually so maybe there is something technical about the COR email that triggers spam filetrs. Definitely worth a closer look guys please!

5. djuqa

djuqa Membership: Trader

Me also, COR goes into spamland but all the others into regular inbox
    (plus VENTRAIP needs to look into the whole email process, do we really need so many emails when registering 1 domain)

6. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

I too have had clients I have sold domains to telling me that they aren't receiving the emails, only to find they are in their junk folder, which often requires a resend if they don't work that out before they are deleted.

So it's definitely worth Ventra's time from a reducing support costs to work why this is happening and fixing it.

7. VentraIP

VentraIP Membership: VIP

What provider do you use for hosting your email? Anything funny in the mail headers?

8. thrown

thrown Membership: Community

+1

It delayed the COR process for ages because the COR emails went into their junk folder.

9. Mick

Mick Membership: Community

If anyone is able to provide the headers of the email that went into junk and the email client being used, and where the filtering is being performed (locally via email client, email provider) it'll help us determine why its happening.

If possible send an email to customercare@ventraipwholesale.com.au and we'll look into it :)