What's new

Coordinated AMA Day?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I often forget to check out NF's AMA because I'm just not in the habit, and because there are rarely many domains up for auction.

So I think I might have raised this idea in the past, but given the new NF AMA process that takes a lot of the hassle out of buying and selling a domain on the AMA, I was thinking is it time that some of us domainers coordinated amongst ourselves one day a month where we list some of the domains we are looking to liquidate to increase the number of domains going up for sale on that given day and to increase the number of people viewing all the domains for sale on that day and to make it more of a major event?

Thoughts?

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
My issue with AMA is the quality of domains being listed, not the quantity. So I'd rather see a day were even just a handful of good domains are listed :)

DavidL

Top Contributor
I like that idea, Chris. Especially if each party commits to promoting the day/auction as much as possible.

djuqa

Top Contributor
Maybe have different themed days
Quality Day for PREMIUM names only
Bargain Basement day for the Roughies
and so on

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I like that idea, Chris. Especially if each party commits to promoting the day/auction as much as possible.
I suspect this would happen naturally, given that if we are all listing our domains for sale we all have a vested interested in marketing our domains to achieve a good sale price and of course the positive externality of that is that more eyeballs will be seeing all the other domains up for auction with bids as well.

;)

My issue with AMA is the quality of domains being listed, not the quantity. So I'd rather see a day were even just a handful of good domains are listed :)
You can't help that, everyday 1000s of domains go up for auction on Snapper, most of them are junk, but there are normally enough decent domains that justfy the process of going through all that junk.

So there will be some element of the same problem on the AMA it's just a case of working through the junk, and I think if we increase the quantity the quality problem will also improve to a degree.

:cool:

Maybe have different themed days
Quality Day for PREMIUM names only
Bargain Basement day for the Roughies
and so on
Yeah that's a good idea... though the definition of what constitutes each would no doubt be hotly debated so it might be hard to coordinate.

My thinking was simply that we try to get some general agreement that one day a month be opted for to list domains for auction, ie the first Tuesday of every month.

Obviously not everyone would be interested in this strategy, but if enough are interested and we can create a habit to doing it we might be able to build a bit of industry expectation and I imagine if the auctions were successful they might also warrant a bit of media attention, ie if we had an auction where over 50 domains sold for $100+ that could help with a bit of PR especially if there were some big ticket sales within those 50 domains.

logicstorm

Top Contributor
This issue might have been raised in the past but I'd really want to see aftermarket auction being merged with snapper as one auction that ends in same style at the same time.

This will give the after market domains much more exposure to potential buyers. I think the real problem with aftermarket auction is that people tend to bid more on dropping domains and they think that it's much cheaper to bid on snapper than on AMA but when you compare the actual costs, $50 on snapper is equivalent of $100 in aftermarket auction.

I think people tend to bid more easily up to $50 on snapper even when they know they have to pay another $50 on top of that for registration and also GST.

I would like to hear from Netfleet if this is even a possibility.
I'm sure everyone would love to see this happening since this probably is the best way to get aftermarket domains the best exposure and without giving people any prejudices about the domains on differnt auction platforms.

What do people think about this?

Cheers,

logicstorm

Top Contributor
It's great to hear that they're working on this.
Netfleet have already made the easiest and simplest COR process ever and if they manage to do this again for merging their platforms, I don't think there'll be any competitors for a while. Not that they're not dominating the market at the moment.

I can't wait till see this in action.

Mark

Top Contributor
This issue might have been raised in the past but I'd really want to see aftermarket auction being merged with snapper as one auction that ends in same style at the same time.

This is being worked in to our imminent site redesign (4-6 weeks) - we see huge potential in it too, and really looking forward to it!

Honan

Top Contributor
I suspect this would happen naturally, given that if we are all listing our domains for sale we all have a vested interested in marketing our domains to achieve a good sale price and of course the positive externality of that is that more eyeballs will be seeing all the other domains up for auction with bids as well.

;)

You can't help that, everyday 1000s of domains go up for auction on Snapper, most of them are junk, but there are normally enough decent domains that justfy the process of going through all that junk.

So there will be some element of the same problem on the AMA it's just a case of working through the junk, and I think if we increase the quantity the quality problem will also improve to a degree.

:cool:

Yeah that's a good idea... though the definition of what constitutes each would no doubt be hotly debated so it might be hard to coordinate.

My thinking was simply that we try to get some general agreement that one day a month be opted for to list domains for auction, ie the first Tuesday of every month.

Obviously not everyone would be interested in this strategy, but if enough are interested and we can create a habit to doing it we might be able to build a bit of industry expectation and I imagine if the auctions were successful they might also warrant a bit of media attention, ie if we had an auction where over 50 domains sold for $100+ that could help with a bit of PR especially if there were some big ticket sales within those 50 domains.
Ok
I agree to list names for auction on the first Tuesday of every month.
Do you?
Just do it!

logicstorm

Top Contributor
This is being worked in to our imminent site redesign (4-6 weeks) - we see huge potential in it too, and really looking forward to it!

Thanks for the update Mark. I'm really looking forward to it as well.

I have a feedback for the new platform in development. You guys probably thinking about this already but anyway.
It'll be really good if we could set the reserve price from minimum $10 same as the minimum snapper auction bid so that we have more chance of buying/selling the domains that might have some values but didn't sell on the existing auction platform due to the minimum bid being $100.
And also in this case I think the buyers should be paying for the COR or the COR fee should be added separately from the auction winning bid amount same as how the snapper auction works at the moment.

I'm sure we'll see a lot of action when you lower the minimum bid for aftermarket domains.

Anyway, please keep us posted about this.

Last edited:

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
And also in this case I think the buyers should be paying for the COR or the COR fee should be added separately from the auction winning bid amount same as how the snapper auction works at the moment.

To run a combined auction we need to have one set of rules across the auctions so we are planning to model it on the existing snapper rules. A separate fixed fee for COR/Registration and then a $10 opening bid.
We will also be ending at a fixed time so the closing moments of this auction promise to be very exciting. Imagine watching domains you are buying and others you are selling at the same time.

logicstorm

Top Contributor
Imagine watching domains you are buying and others you are selling at the same time.

That's exactly what I was looking for! Sounds very exciting already. :D

Are you going to be releasing the categorisation for the domain manager in the same release?

I'm still planning on moving my domains to Netfleet when this is ready.

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
That's exactly what I was looking for! Sounds very exciting already. :D

Are you going to be releasing the categorisation for the domain manager in the same release?

I'm still planning on moving my domains to Netfleet when this is ready.
The categorisation for the domain manager is going to be released this afternoon. So start getting your domain passwords ready!

logicstorm

Top Contributor
The categorisation for the domain manager is going to be released this afternoon. So start getting your domain passwords ready!

You guys never disappoint me!
I'll get ready to transfer my domains tonight.

Thanks for listening to my feedback and make it happen as usual.

Cheers,

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member