1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Constructive suggestions!

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by neddy, Aug 5, 2011.

1. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    A lot of DNT members are starting to use VentraIP for their domain management. There are many excellent things to like about Ventra's interface, but there are a few negatives in my opinion.

So here are some constructive suggestions to make your product even better and more domainer friendly! (I know you welcome these sort of comments!).

1. I have just over 80 domains with you. Yesterday I wanted to get a mass nameserver report on each of these domains just so I could see where they were all at. I couldn't do this. If I wanted this information I had to click on each domain individually. :eek:

2. Following on from this, I couldn't do a mass Domain Name Server change. I wanted to change nameservers on a whole heap of these domains because I was parking them with Fabulous. Once again, if I wanted to do this, I had to do it individually. :eek:

I did submit a ticket about these issues, and it was confirmed that you don't have this functionality.

So please Ventra, if you can cater for domainers with lots of domains, this would be great! The other two providers I use have this functionality - and I'm sure lots of other companies do too. At a click of a button I can see all my nameservers on each domain; and I can also change n/s en masse.

:)

2. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

These are the sorts of changes that could also convince a guy like myself to move my portfolio over to a service that had these features.

3. Ash

Ash Membership: Trader

Can we also suggest they activate their affiliate program. Not entirely related to domainers but I would love to start using it.

4. ScottNugent

ScottNugent Membership: VIP

While I only have 14 domains with these guys, it has occured to me in the past, "it would be quite a tricky system for people with many domains!". It certainly doesn't handle/present mass domain lists like say, GoDaddy.

Hey neddy,

You should be able to get a mass Name Server report by clicking "Overview" under "Domain Name Management" in the VIPControl sidebar.

As for mass changes, they can't do this now, but I've heard talk of them implementing soon, and also being able to do it via eTicket now. Hopefully they do this!

5. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I wanted to register a domain for my partner the other day.

I was told i'd have to create a new account to do it, then have it transferred into my account.

Not ideal situation when I have a lot of clients why want me to manage their domains also.

6. Nova

Nova Membership: Community

When they finally get the wholesale side of things up and running (for the end user) maybe that interface will have those features. The existing VIP interface is geared more towards an individual with a few services and domains at most IMO.

7. neddy

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Thanks Scott - I didn't see that overview page before. That's helpful - but it still doesn't allow you to download it as a report; or toggle categories - e.g. domain name; expiry; nameservers.

As far as the mass changing of DNS is concerned, I did submit an eTicket and the reply I got was that it couldn't be done. Is that incorrect?

8. ScottNugent

9. neddy

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Thanks for that link Scott. I can see there are a few others that want that functionality too!

I shall make enquiries to become a wholesale customer. ;)

10. ScottNugent

No problems. :) From memory, I think their wholesale system will be launching soon, I'm not sure if they are having beta testers in there yet. Worth enquiring about though :) (especially if you have 80 domains).