What's new

Congrats NetFleet On Your New AMA Records

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I was just looking at the NetFleet domain sales graph today and saw that they had a record 289 sales on their AMA last month, which is significantly higher than the previous record of 250!

Also the percentage of domains sold via the AMA was the highest ever at 28.4%.

:eek:

So just wanted to say congrats to NetFleet and keep up the great work with the AMA.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Seems to be a fair bit of action happening in the aftermarket

I sold Networkers[dot]com.au today as a standard listing for $1,620 -an absolutely painless sale...

10:52am, the buyer met my BIN
1:28pm, the buyer paid NF
2:28pm, the COR is complete

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
Thanks guys, last month was also a record month in terms of Netfleet Assisted Sales for Netfleet.

The value of the Netfleet Assisted Sales (auction and catalogue) has
doubled month on month for the last three months in a row, resulting in a 5 fold increase on the Nov 2012 total and this month was double the highest previous record month which was Jan 2012 when we first
opened the AMA.
* Please note that Catalogue sales did not form part of the NAS until
Nov 2012. Combining the old Catalogue sales (completed outside of Netfleet) this would be the second highest month so far (Highest was Jan 2011)

While the number of sales has been increasing and the value of the sales at Netfleet has been on the increase the number of private Change of Registrants has been decreasing, with only 112 last month compared to an average of just below 300 for the previous 5 months.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
While the number of sales has been increasing and the value of the sales at Netfleet has been on the increase the number of private Change of Registrants has been decreasing, with only 112 last month compared to an average of just below 300 for the previous 5 months.
How can that be the case if the number of catalogue and AMA sales is increasing...?

These sales require CORs don't they?

What's your thoughts on that trend?

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
How can that be the case if the number of catalogue and AMA sales is increasing...?

These sales require CORs don't they?

What's your thoughts on that trend?
The number of Private COR (ie not initiated by Netfleet Sales) is the number which is down.

Since this number is indicative of private sales/transfers I think the questions goes back to you guys.

Do you all take a holiday in January?
Do you struggle to get decision makers on the line in January?.
Do private COR normally occur the month after you make a private sale so it is a natural delay after the quiet December period?
Are you just happily pushing your sales through Netfleet as the system is simple and you like me to handle all your paperwork?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
So the latest results are out...

338 AMA Sales!

Making up approximately 40% of sales in February!

Congrats NetFleet.

Please note that Catalogue sales did not form part of the NAS until Nov 2012. Combining the old Catalogue sales (completed outside of Netfleet) this would be the second highest month so far (Highest was Jan 2011)
So did this month officially beat the Jan 2011 record?

The number of Private COR (ie not initiated by Netfleet Sales) is the number which is down.

Since this number is indicative of private sales/transfers I think the questions goes back to you guys.

Do you all take a holiday in January?
Do you struggle to get decision makers on the line in January?.
Are you just happily pushing your sales through Netfleet as the system is simple and you like me to handle all your paperwork?
I defnitely think a contributing factor is that doing deals through NetFleet is MUCH easier these days, ie no paperwork and money management, definitely incentivises doing the transaction through you guys.

That said, I'm still hesitant to direct someone who has contacted me via the whois or a parked page to the NetFleet listing, not because I don't want to pay the 8% (I actually think 8% is great value if I don't have to do up invoices and collect the money and do the COR), but because I'm worried about losing the sale.

Ie, if someone is looking to purchase a premium generic domain and they have liked the look of mine, the last thing I want to do once they have agree to buy is to send them to site that is a directory of all the possible alternatives. My fear is at this point they might do a quick search and realise they have options and decide to throw out a few other offers to similar domain holders to see if they can get a better deal from another seller.

What would be ideal is if we could park our domains with NetFleet that would facilitate completing the sale on our own parked domain. That way even if someone contacted us via email or in the real world directing them to our own domain where they could complete the purchase would reduce/remove the possibility of losing a sale and would increase the number of deals that sellers would push through the NetFleet system.

;)

Do private COR normally occur the month after you make a private sale so it is a natural delay after the quiet December period?
I can't speak for everyone else but I know I'm always trying to close the sale, collect the money and complete the COR in as little time as possible.

Gotta minimise that chance of buyers getting cold feet or realising their "great business idea" is actually lots of effort and they have found something else bright and shiny to buy.

Ie when selling to this guy it doesn't pay to wait until the month after to close the deal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP9pLrj0ytw

;)

Chris.C

Top Contributor
But I am impressed that Netfleet is sharing this valuable data and presenting it in graph form. Well done guys
I agree! It looks awesome.

Being such a numbers guy I love the data - I actually always get excited at see the latest figures when it gets close to the end of the month!

:eek:

Of course I'm dying to know if there has been any developments with the "Domain Resale Increase/Decrease" graph...

;)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members