What's new

Comms Domains?

goldnugget

Top Contributor
Im wondering if anyone has or has had comms based domains related to say mobiles, smartphones, phone plans etc.

The reason I ask, I have the opportunity to get a comms based domain and I havent seen many (any) being traded. Is this because they are sought after or because they arent worthwhile?

Cheers Jay

findtim

Top Contributor
i'm not sure what you are asking? given 10 other people have viewed and not posted i am guessing i'm not alone.

post a FAKE full domain name to give us more info.

tim

goldnugget

Top Contributor
I thought the industry was straight forward.

Examples:

phoneplans.com.au
mobileplans.com.au
mobilephones.com.au

anything mobile communications based I guess.

chris

Top Contributor
Hi Jay,

Tech names are probably more risky than other niches, they can be hot one month and cold the next as technology changes, but it does really depend on the name.

Check GAKT (here's a handy guide to GAKT) to look at the numbers and more importantly see if the keywords are trending.

If it's hard to let on what niche it is, post the ballpark search volume and others might be able to offer their opinion.

Cheers,
Chris

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks for clarifying, its easy to be misunderstood and thus get the wrong answer.

your examples seem fine to me and as chris says it can be volatile, you can have a short term vision and make money then get out or a long term vision/gamble , eg: does anyone use a "beeper" anymore ?????????????, analogue phone, WAP, etc

i think they are domains to make money now and potentially just dump later if the term doesn't survive but certainly not names to sit on and sell later as they may not exist as common terms.

tim

goldnugget

Top Contributor
Thanks Chris and Tim.

I'm in a position to add another couple of domains to my short but growing list but cant figure out what (if any) the honey pot ones are. The ones in my list that show half decent stats on GAKT dont really grab me, and those that I think are ok dont have the stats but could be comparable to half decent sold domains (high 4 fig to mid 5 fig selling prices)....its doing my head in.

Cheers Jay

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members