What's new

.com.au & .com worth more as a pair?

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
I was fortunate enough to purchase a generic domain name in the .com and .com.au from two seperate domainers and got to thinking if any of you guys try to get the .com version to your .com.au as a value-adding exercise?

you tell me the generic and I answer :)

Denis

If you are selling as a pair I would say Yes.
I tend to always by the .com where possible that way there is no shady area about "oh was it .com or .com.au"....

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
I was fortunate enough to purchase a generic domain name in the .com and .com.au from two seperate domainers and got to thinking if any of you guys try to get the .com version to your .com.au as a value-adding exercise?

certainly it helps to have both if you have clients or target both internationally and locally.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor

The .com is value if your business is aiming to be world wide , if you are aiming at just being local/australian the .com.au will be all you need , but to have two cannot hurt , if you are selling as a pair some value is added.

johno69

Top Contributor
I think even if you're not going international having the .com is a benefit.

Not everyone is as internet savvy and some just put ".com" for everything. Whereas many go the other way and put ".com.au"

So many times people have told me their email as being @hotmail.com.au .. etc.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo