What's new

.com.au #10 globally!

nt81

Top Contributor
.au is one of the world leaders in the ccTLD space for a number of reasons.

There are currently 2,806,345 .au domains registered

Very interesting stats.

I'm tracking drops and since August last year, there have been about 270k drops that haven't been re-registered yet.

I would love to see the cumulative totals

m8e

Top Contributor
@NT81 sounds like you are making something like a few of the domaintools products for .AU!

---

@Erhan you've certainly got your finger on the pulse!

How do you know the exact number... is there some kind of live count on AUDA's website or something? Or is it info that any registry can look up internally?

---

And the big surprise from that Verisign PDF was the .TK extension!

Never been a blip on my radar... anyone know why so many... were they giving them away for free or something?

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor

Never been a blip on my radar... anyone know why so many... were they giving them away for free or something?

Yep, they're free.

From the website (http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en):
"Dot TK is a FREE domain registry for all websites on the Internet. It has exactly the same power as other domain extensions, but it's free! Because it's free, millions of others have been using .TK domains since 2001 - which makes .TK powerful and very recognizable."

@NT81 sounds like you are making something like a few of the domaintools products for .AU!

---

@Erhan you've certainly got your finger on the pulse!

How do you know the exact number... is there some kind of live count on AUDA's website or something? Or is it info that any registry can look up internally?

---

Ausregistry has a live counter on their home page. The other thing that many people don't know about are the detailed technical reports on their website found here, this data is very interesting.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member