What's new

co.nz close time

Mark

Top Contributor
Thanks Johno! Correct, we moved all .nz auction to close earlier at 2pm, in line with our other auctions.

findtim

Top Contributor
Thanks Johno! Correct, we moved all .nz auction to close earlier at 2pm, in line with our other auctions.

it doesn't make sense to me? at 2pm you close bids for nz but other sites keep going, thus there is no ability to up your bid.

at 3pm ish the whole thing gets wiped for the next days au trade so you can't see whats going on.

YES, put in your best proxy speach but this is more like tendering then an auction.

i'm not a fan of this change, it will cause me to go elsewhere.

tim

johno69

Top Contributor

Go elsewhere. More wins for us then. :)

It's all relative. If you know the auction ends at 2pm, be there and bid like it's 10:30pm. I don't see a big deal.

Mark

Top Contributor
it doesn't make sense to me? at 2pm you close bids for nz but other sites keep going, thus there is no ability to up your bid.

at 3pm ish the whole thing gets wiped for the next days au trade so you can't see whats going on.

YES, put in your best proxy speach but this is more like tendering then an auction.

tim

Don't understand this. You are either winning on our site come close of auction, or not. There is no advantage or disadvantage to any client?

xwdomains

Top Contributor
co.nz purges at 10:30pm makes no sense to bid at 2:00pm to much time between 2 and 10:30 for someone else to catch using other services or hand regging

johno69

Top Contributor
I agree with tim makes NO SENSE TO BID AT 2PM for a co.nz:rolleyes:

Makes no difference either. As long as the auction ends before the purge time and all systems are in place to snap the names as they purge.. who cares what time it ends.

Not like someone else can go hand reg at 5pm like you suggest.

They are still snapping them the milli-second they drop.

findtim

Top Contributor
Don't understand this. You are either winning on our site come close of auction, or not. There is no advantage or disadvantage to any client?

you are giving your opposition 8 hours to reconsider their bid.

if they bid $20 and have a proxy of $40 then i prefer to let them sit at $20 and think they are safe with the $40, if i proxy $50 AND then via NF have NO way of updating my bid its a waste of time.

its like saying to half your NF clients " you have to put in your top proxy NOW " and giving the other half free access to kepp bidding.

i want the guy to stay at $20, and yes i want to place a bid close to the end time.

this isn't new info a lot of people do it and LOSE, i take my chances as well.

i just don't see how this present system is going to work for you at NF, you did ask for feedback so this is mine

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
Mark, OK, i know get it :eek:

i'm just now new to the NZ market

so just to clarify i bid on NF and Drop on au so i see your point, whats thsu happening is i'm fully trusting NF to grab the domain in the NZ market regardless of whatever price may be bid on other websites.

ok, i get it, thanks for that.

thankfully i am bidding on domains i don't "have to have" as a test

sorry for ounding so silly

tim

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Guys

I might be misunderstanding here so please bear with me.

Why does it make a difference to you if the auction closes at 2pm as opposed to 10:30pm? The ability for us to snap NZ domains is the same. Keen to know reasons?

Thanks
Mark

DavidL

Top Contributor
I don't get it either.

When you buy a house at auction it won't settle for 6 weeks after the bidding ends. However shouldn't stop you bidding should it?

As for the other .nz platforms... make sure you cover yourselves on all of them is my advice. Just like covering Drop with .au. Why wouldn't you?

findtim

Top Contributor
Hi Guys

Why does it make a difference to you if the auction closes at 2pm as opposed to 10:30pm? The ability for us to snap NZ domains is the same. Keen to know reasons?

Thanks
Mark

i see your point now, price doesn't matter as we have seen with NF v Drop auctions where drop picks it up for far less money then the bids on NF

yesterday i won on a nz auction site at 10.30pm but NF won the domain for the bidder who placed a bid at 2pm, i also had a bid MUCH higher then the NF end bid as i didn't bid on NF because it was confused :) but not anymore :D

as DavidL says: cover your bases.

tim

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
Hi Guys

Thanks
Mark

Because the guy at the other venue can see how much I bid for a domain and have hours to decide if outbidding me is worth it or not...plus it will force me to bid as high as I can just to discourage the others, if I really want badly that domain.

You may argue that is the same if we bid at midnight...sure but with less time to think, the other guy may walk away and you may get a bargain.

johno69

Top Contributor
Because the guy at the other venue can see how much I bid for a domain and have hours to decide if outbidding me is worth it or not...plus it will force me to bid as high as I can just to discourage the others, if I really want badly that domain.

They can only see how much the underbidder bids.

And who cares if they know what the highest bid was on NF once the auction has ended. NF catch most of them anyway.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Also, do you really want to stay up til midnight to bid? Most of these names only go for a few bucks - personally throwing a proxy in shortly before 2pm is the better option anyway.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member