What's new

.CO Extentions

Greg23

Hey All,

Just wanting to get people opinions in regards to .co extentions. Do you see value in them? and any info in regards to SEO with them would be fantastic. As domaining is all new to me i figure who better to ask than you guys...Loving the forum btw

Cheers

Greg

snoopy

Top Contributor
In my view this is just a hype extension that has just started a very long descent down, much like all the other new and supposedly revolutionary extensions before it (.mobi, .asia, .info, .biz, .us, .cc, .ws etc)

Shane

Top Contributor
I've done some research but it's difficult to find any good information.

I picked up TPD.co and PublicLiability.co on the first day, but I'm yet to develop them. Unsurprisingly they get stuff all traffic at this stage!

I would still rate .co well below .net and .org at this stage.

DavidL

Top Contributor
In my view this is just a hype extension that has just started a very long descent down, much like all the other new and supposedly revolutionary extensions before it (.mobi, .asia, .info, .biz, .us, .cc, .ws etc)

Agreed plus a typo-squatter's dream.

Snoopy, what are your predictions re the new gTLDs?

snoopy

Top Contributor
Snoopy, what are your predictions re the new gTLDs?

There is two sides of the fence

The right side

1. Registries
2. Registrars
3. Consulting companies

That will involve selling extensions to corporations who don't really need them and selling names to dreamers.

The wrong side

1. Speculators who will be sold to mercilessly by registrars on the generic extensions. Expect wild parties, "models" and sponsored bloggers.
2. Corporations who unfortunately will feel the need to pay for legal protection.
3. People who register a name in a new extension for development.

In my view it is a fairly direct wealth transfer from the wrong side to the right side with minimal actual benefit from these extensions much like all the other new extensions before them.

My advice to anyone who wants to make money from these new extensions, make sure you are on the "right side", not the guy being sold to by that right side.

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member