What's new

cleaning website

findtim

Top Contributor
hi, its just the start so most links are lorum ipsum pages.

http://naturalcleaners.com.au/

responsive design, a lot of hand coding so don't ask me for the template name as there is none !

this one is more about me project managing a concept rather then programming, still a long way to go and the homepage layout was the only thing to get done by today

scroll over "about our products" to see a really nice menu layout for large selection websites, and its run from the wp menu in admin not hardcoded. if the menu gets to large I could put in a custom menu item "more"

try it on Ipad, the menu should disappear and slide out on request.

its still early stages

tim

davids

Top Contributor
I have the same issue with not being able to see all of the text on a 24" monitor.

I'd also suggest changing the text colour for your footer links and copyright text as white text is hard on the eyes with that background.

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks, oooh you have a 24" :)

all browsers?

I wonder what the % of people have a 24" screen these days , or should I be designing for a 100" now that they are just have just dropped in price to $8999 at Harvey norman.

please feel free to steer this thread into one of the massive devices we have to program for as that subject is HONESTLY far more interesting then this site, IMHO

tim

Chumby

Top Contributor
Hi Tim,

Looks good on 15" mobile. Not touch screen though so cant try the responsiveness.

Damn tricky trying to get things working on desktops, mobiles, tablets and phones.

Done a bit of work lately on www.cooperautomotive.com.au and found that mobile_detect (http://code.google.com/p/php-mobile-detect/wiki/Mobile_Detect) seems to do a good job on displaying different templates for different screens...

Cheers
Chumby

findtim

Top Contributor
I have the same issue with not being able to see all of the text on a 24" monitor.

I'd also suggest changing the text colour for your footer links and copyright text as white text is hard on the eyes with that background.

yep, agree, thanks
tim

Chumby

Top Contributor
Also, hook it up to an Google Analytics account... you will be able to see what screen resolutions / devices are hitting the site.

Cheers
Chumby

Chumby

Top Contributor
That's a cool tool, Tim. Havn't seem something similar for iPhones as well I suppose?

Cheers
Chumby

Chumby

Top Contributor
Hi Tim,

Yea I saw that... but are those icons just loading the "desktop site" into a smaller window - not actually rendering out a mobile template if one is suppose to load for iPhones etc? (view a php check like mobile-detect etc)...

Cheers
Chumby

johno69

Top Contributor
but are those icons just loading the "desktop site" into a smaller window

Yes that's right. It's for testing responsiveness of the site not the ability to detect browser and then send to a mobile site.

Hope this helps.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member