1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

chrome book

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by findtim, May 23, 2017.

1. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    hi, i've got to buy 2 chrome books for the kids for school.

any opinions? experiences? advice?

as i've done no research ( the kids have) , leaning towards lenovo at the moment?

tim

2. Scott7

Scott7 Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I quite like the Lenovo ThinkPad 11e Yoga Chromebook for the school setting. You can get them with touchscreen and they fold right back for use like a tablet. They can take a beating and dropping one isn't always fatal for the device.

They are, however, a bit heavier and more expensive than some other Chromebooks on the market.
    There is a short video review here.

3. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    coming from you thats great advice, thankyou, i don't why i just didn't ask you first :confused:

4. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    having said that, i'm primarily dealing with my "fashion guru 10 yr old daughter" + mother LOL so i think heavier may not cut it?

we'll see? one thing is for CERTAIN, i will have NOOOO say in the matter LOL
    as for my sons, thats another story ! all i need to say is " it shows star wars on a BIG screen" and he will be sold !
    tim

Scott7 likes this.