What's new

Checking for Plagerism Options...

aus11

Top Contributor
So I randomly stumbled upon another local website that had word for word copied about 4 pages of my content and compiled it (removing internal links of course) into one page on their website. thankfully a strongly worded email saw it removed promptly, but it was a fluke that I found it.

Does anyone use a service to check the internet for copies of their content? I've been looking at using copyscape premium (http://copyscape.com/premium.php) and running it monthly on the main pages of my main sites, but wanted to know if there are any other options?

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
I use something called google :D Just copy a paragraph, google it, if there's somewhere with an exact copy well you win.

I've also done that with source code I've had stolen... Just take a slab, google it, and see what comes up. :)

Only problem is that for you domainers with a myriad of domains it might be a bit of a headache to do that... :p

James

Top Contributor
copy scape is ok, another thing you can do if you have time is copy sections of your text and place google alerts on the text, when some one copys the section of text you will get an alert.

aus11

Top Contributor
So as a follow up to this thread, I finally started using CopyScape and found the same site was re-offending and has continued to not only copy content from my site, but also several of the emails that I sent to my mailing list (removing all links to my site of course).

I've sent them another email asking them to either remove my content or link to my site on pages they have copied, but the question I have is:

- How many times is too many?

Do I just keep letting them know, or is it '3 strikes and your out' and next time I contact their hosting company and submit their website to the search engines for copyright infringement?

Billy01

Top Contributor
We have some muppet that takes content everytime

So before we go her legally we've built an app for the site as that also helps Google know who's the real author.

Just released recently ans as I've suggested before we really need an app section here

If anyone would like to know more PM me

http://mastershardware.com/

djuqa

Top Contributor
We have some muppet that takes content everytime.
She is using your sites RSS feed as a news snippet source and even retained all links to your site for the remainder of the article.
If you don't want people to use the RSS feed don't have one.

Last edited:

Billy01

Top Contributor
Thanks for removing the links

We really don't need them from that person or anyone else

www.mastershardware.com

aus11

Top Contributor
She is using your sites RSS feed as a news snippet source and even retained all links to your site for the remainder of the article.
If you don't want people to use the RSS feed don't have one.

I'd love it if this was the case in my situation. Least I'd be getting backlinks :D

Billy01

Top Contributor
Thanks

For pointing that out

but with 311,000,000 Americans
60,000,000 Brits
20,000,000 Aussies
3,000,000 Kiwis
50,000,000 sth Africans

We're too busy right now.

If you want info PM so I can point you to a consultant

Community sponsors