What's new

CHECK your eligibility

findtim

Top Contributor
FIRST: i don't know the correct wording but here's my version.

I was having a conversation today and realised one of my premium domains may be in jeopardy based on the recent changes to the business name registrations .

for those who don't know business names are now done via asic as of TODAY 28/5/12 and not via the states.

which means you need to have your house in order !

i discovered today i have a very important domain name registered and owned by a business name i no longer have registered, i've been paying the domain bill but not the business name bill so it has been de-registered.

i have been informed that this could lead to this domain being ousted by the auda because of non compliance and ending up on the DROPS !!!!

i have since taken action but i thought it would be a good warning to others.

all tommorrow for me will be spent making sure i am protected and playing by the rules.

Maybe someone more knowledgable then me could add some advice to thsi thread

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
i have a very important domain name registered and owned by a business name

That is the problem right there. A business name alone is not a legal entity and therefore a domain should not (an really cannot) be registered to it.

The business name can be your eligibility for registration, but it should not be listed as registrant.

That's my understanding anyway. I made the same mistake many years ago but rectified it.

findtim

Top Contributor
atthe time ( 2004 ish ) you HAD to have a registered business name to register a domain name

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
atthe time ( 2004 ish ) you HAD to have a registered business name to register a domain name

tim

Yes I understand this. But even then, you should not have been able to list the business name as the "Registrant". Although, registrars did let this happen.

johno69

Top Contributor
I do agree with checking your domain status'

If any have a non entity business name as registrant have it fixed up ;-)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member