What's new

Cheapest .AU registrar.

paz

Who do you use for your .au domain reg?

I've been using www.hostess.com.au purely because its $25.00 for 2 years and I haven't found anywhere else cheaper.

Their control panel isn't all that user friendly though :rolleyes:

soj

Founder
I know it can come down to how much your paying per year for your domain registration to maximise profitability, but i like to keep all my domains in the one place with an easy to use control panel. Domain Central is where all my domains are, costing me $35 for 2 years, im happy to pay the premium for a good service.

We have them for sale at $25.99 for the 2 year period.

Soj, you may wanna take a look next time you have one in mind - and save yourself close to $10 a pop ;)

Cheers,
Robyn

Last edited:

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
Considering the AusRegistry wholesale price is $20.35 and the auDA domain fee is $3.85 anything around $25 doesnt leave much room for support. (source)

I think $35 is a good price or anything below (i.e sale price) from an auDA accredited registrar as there are minimum requirements for levels of support.

Also as Wade pointed out here if your going to be buying names in bulk its always beneficial to talk to your registrar..

Considering the AusRegistry wholesale price is $20.35 and the auDA domain fee is $3.85 anything around $25 doesnt leave much room for support. (source)

I think $35 is a good price or anything below (i.e sale price) from an auDA accredited registrar as there are minimum requirements for levels of support.

Also as Wade pointed out here if your going to be buying names in bulk its always beneficial to talk to your registrar..

I think these are all very good points.

However the wholesale price you listed actually includes the auDA domain fee http://www.auda.org.au/registrars/accreditation

We are obviously resellers and make very little profit on the registration - none when considering the software maintenance etc. However because we are such a small company we're able to offer great support.

As we have an agreement with the registrar we are able to offer a price that is largely unavailable to the consumer directly (previous posts with listed resellers noted), I really see it as a service similar to a mortgage broker.

As an aside - if I were an accredited registrar I wouldn't be selling at these prices either as registration, license and start up balance costs are in excess of $15K.

On a final note - some people will always need to save as much money as possible at every opportunity and others can afford the luxury of added security (perceived or otherwise).

Cheers,
Robyn

Last edited:

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
seems intaserve has many happy customers from what i can tell

make me laugh they had a link for 'bottle customers to transfer"

loho27

Been using these people for about 12 months

http://name.com.au

$20 for 2 years .com.au
$10 for 1 year .com

Cant get .com's cheaper anywhere considering the currency

Uses the Parralels interface to manage which is a pig.

Kind Regards

loho27

Woops

I just noticed one of there invoices.

Australian Style Pty Ltd
ABN: 26 099 892 814
50 Fitzroy St
St. Kilda, VIC 3182

This one may not be around for long.

Caution

Kind Regards

Community sponsors