What's new

Changing The Customiser On Wordpress

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I am trying to set the customiser header image cropping option to a larger size (height) instead of 250 I want 450, I have changed the size in the css file but when I add an image I am still restricted to a height of 250, where do I go to change the setting, theme functions code ??
~
Many Thanks

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
It was mentioned in a WordPress meet up group so I have looked into it, it seems depending on what theme you are using whether there are many options? For me the whole point was just to add a few photos to randomly appear at the site header. Worth noting many WordPress users do not know code, so it is a handy "extra" for some folk

Ash

Top Contributor
Hi Spacey, if you are using one of the bundled WP themes (2014, 2015 etc...) I believe you can edit the custom-header.php file (under appearance > editor). Just search for "height" and you'll find it easy enough. The height that you put in here (450) will feed through to the customiser and should then allow you to upload an image in the customiser with a height of 450.

In a bit of a rush so if it doesn't make sense I'll try and explain better later.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Hi Spacey, if you are using one of the bundled WP themes (2014, 2015 etc...) I believe you can edit the custom-header.php file (under appearance > editor). Just search for "height" and you'll find it easy enough. The height that you put in here (450) will feed through to the customiser and should then allow you to upload an image in the customiser with a height of 450.

In a bit of a rush so if it doesn't make sense I'll try and explain better later.

Thanks mate, I got there in the end https://www.dntrade.com.au/threads/image-photo-editor-download.9927/ Cheers!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member