What's new

Changing of the Guard

neddy

Top Contributor
Due to some recent health issues, I have decided to have a sea-change and reduce stress and responsibilities in my day to day life.

As part of this change, I have sold DN Trade.

As most of you would be aware, DNT has been a labour of love for me, and I’ve enjoyed helping grow it since I acquired it early last year. It has been my baby.

Having said that, I must pay tribute and give my thanks to FirstPageResults who has been the technical wiz behind the scenes, and a good friend and supporter
along the way. Thanks Richard. :)

DNT has huge future potential as a voice for Aussie domainers and domain owners, and so it was important for me to find the right person / people to take it over –
and make it fly even higher.

There were two separate potential buyers (both members on here), and in the end it was a really hard decision to choose one of them. They both would have been
fantastic. (I'm glad to say that the other potential buyer is still a friend!).

The new owners

Chris Burgess and his partner are the new head honchos. Chris has been a member on here since March 2010 – though by his own admission he has been more of a
“lurker” than a poster! But that is going to change, as they have some great ideas for the future – particularly with the general marketplace.

For those that don’t know Chris, he has many superb domains. For instance, late last year he bought Marketing.com.au on the drops. He also runs wpsupport.com.au
which runs free WordPress training courses throughout Australia.

So he knows what domaining and domain development is all about. :)

He will be doing his own post shortly.

Thanks

Without naming them all, I’d really like to thank all the sponsors that have financially and physically supported DNT. Without you guys, my labour of love would have
been a real drain on me. My adage has always been that sponsorship is a two way street – we appreciate the support; and in return we urge our members and “lurkers”
to support our sponsors wherever possible.

Having said that, I’ve always retained my independence, and have never been afraid to take on an issue if I felt strongly about it. I'm sure Chris will do the same.

Finally, and most importantly, I’d like to thank the members here (and the lurkers of course!). You are the lifeblood of our community. Through sharing your thoughts,
comments, suggestions, hints and tips, DNT has become a wonderful resource for many.

Conclusion

I’ll be hanging around as a moderator for a while to show Chris the ropes (hello Richard!) – and of course continuing to contribute articles along the way.

I had intended running for the auDA Board this year along with Erhan Karabardak, but I won’t be doing that either.

Thank you again to everyone – and best wishes for your future domaining success.

Cheers, Ned

BenWalker

Top Contributor
Sorry to hear about your health issues Ned and thank you very much for the service/help you have given us!

And welcome Chris!

Mark

Top Contributor
All the best Ned with your new ventures, make sure you keep in touch and thanks for all the support the last few years :)

Hi Chris, welcome and best of luck!

logicstorm

Top Contributor
Thank you very much Ned for all your efforts in building up this community. All the best to you!

Welcome Chris, I don't personally know you but I've seen your name many times while I was searching for useful domains. Good luck to you!

twodogs

Congratulations on finding a new and deserving home for Dntrade. Best wishes for your sea change and a long and prosperous period of relaxation ahead.

Honan

Top Contributor
thanks Ned for looking after the forum. Hope you can relax your way to good health.

Congrats to Chris Burgess and look forward to seeing your touch on the forum.

chris

Top Contributor
Thanks for the warm welcome all and for the supportive emails I've received so far.

I've posted a brief hello and I'm looking forward to continuing Ned's good work on DNT.

Thanks,
Chris

Firstly, a thank you to Ned for taking DNTrade to the next level and growing the member base. He has made a very valuable contribution to the community and the forum. This forum is not only a great information resource but a great place to network and do business.

I wish Ned well in his future endeavours - and I think we will all hold him to his word to write a blog of his adventures around Australia :)

Congratulations to Chris! Chris is a great guy and an asset to the community and I know he will do a fantastic job in continuing to build on the great work that Soj and Ned have put in over the years.

While one chapter ends, another one begins, but I am sure that DNTrade will continue to flourish under Chris' leadership!

iejs

Thanks Ned - you've done a great job.

I sincerely hope you take it easy and enjoy the down time - you deserve it!

Ash

Top Contributor
All the best Ned, you've done a great job with the site. Enjoy your downtime!

Congratulations Chris. Look forward to seeing what you have in store.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Wow Ned.

I hope you can offload that stress and get back to good health. Thank you for your efforts. I have only been a member here for a short time but I can clearly see the effort you have put into this forum. Thank you for your hard work.

All the best for your successful and fruitful future.

Enjoy!
:)

findtim

Top Contributor
Ned I am so lucky i got recommended to you last year and thus joined dnt, you have CHANGED my business life completely and as they say " when the student is ready the teacher appears" , i'm very happy you found the right people to go forth with DNT.

i simply can not thank you enough for your time, advice and friendship, i wish you all the best

tim

aus11

Top Contributor
Ned, thanks for fostering such a great resource and community! Hopefully the sea-change and de stress does wonders for your health.

TuffNut

Thanks Ned

I know that having a labor of love is all about. We all have one where we keep pouring time and money into it with not much benefit other than broadening the bigger picture for many other potential fellows and new friends.

As a friend and also as a domainer, I want to thank you and the team here at DNTrade for all the great articles and points of view. Having an open forum where points of view can be challenged is great.

As a friend, I hope and pray daily for your health. May God be with you and your family during this time of need and many times to come. You have been an inspiration for me to get motivated in not only developing my personal life but to have a vision for a family life also. You are an inspiration to me.

Your friend

Ivan J

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Very sad to see you move on Ned, though I’m sure that you have made certain that DnTrade is in good hands.

Thank you for everything that you have done for us and indeed the domaining community in Australia.

Andrew

Shane

Top Contributor
I'm glad you found a suitable buyer Ned.

I have to thank you for all of your great work with DNT. Soj setup a great forum for us, and then you (with Richard's help) really took things to the next level in terms of building the community and bringing in some great new members.

There are plenty of people in the Australian domaining community who have a lot to thank you for, and I could myself as one of those people.

Enjoy your upcoming travels around Australia, and I hope the change of pace is reflected in your continuing good health.

All the best Ned.

Cheers
Shane.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics