What's new

Change of tactics

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Interesting to note that the parking company bodis have now deleted the 'inquiry section' of parked domain pages, instead now if you wish to buy a domain it has to be through their system for a 5% sales fee, the link is on the parked page ..... i wonder if will become a trend with all parking companies. At least it advertises the the price of the domain. Unsure if they are doing for cctlds ?

Philip Littlewood

Top Contributor
Interesting to note that the parking company bodis have now deleted the 'inquiry section' of parked domain pages, instead now if you wish to buy a domain it has to be through their system for a 5% sales fee, the link is on the parked page ..... i wonder if will become a trend with all parking companies. At least it advertises the the price of the domain. Unsure if they are doing for cctlds ?
They don't even seem to support .com.au - unless I am missing something!

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
They don't even seem to support .com.au - unless I am missing something!

Yes i have domains parked with them, example is www.insured.net.au , i guess the point of the post is they have concluded there is a sales commission to made rather than just passing along the domain owners contact info and only making money off the ppc aspect

findtim

Top Contributor
with all due respect and i have no parked domains but 5% to me seems a fair fee for a sale, i mean you are using their system..... yes they are getting % on clicks but at the end of the day if you sell a domain then they are doing some work to make that happen for you.

happy to fight you on this JUST so i learn you side of the coin :D

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
if you sell a domain then they are doing some work to make that happen for you.

What work are they doing? I'll build you a one page terrible looking site with a buy now link for 5%.

You can even keep all the adsense revenue yourself.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
with all due respect and i have no parked domains but 5% to me seems a fair fee for a sale, i mean you are using their system..... yes they are getting % on clicks but at the end of the day if you sell a domain then they are doing some work to make that happen for you.

happy to fight you on this JUST so i learn you side of the coin :D

tim

nothing to fight about, i am just sharing an observation that a parking company has changed it business model and posed the question will more parking companies go down this road as ppc revenue drops off. If it means i sell a name it's all good. Unsure if they are doing the cctld thing as the transfers are more complicated, sedo charge a few hundred more for a cctld sale due to this fact.

snoopy

Top Contributor

I doubt it, unless they are actually handling inquires etc then they'd aren't doing anything for that 5%. Too much competition for others to follow in my view.

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
We provide tools for you to put a "For Sale" link or banner on a Fabulous.com parking page free of charge, all enquiries get sent directly to the owner.

As I've said before and I'll say again, this is by far the best way of generating sales leads - We get about 80% of our sales via a "For Sale" banner traffic.

Andrew

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members