1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Change of Registrant

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by neddy, Apr 1, 2011.

1. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Firstly, let me say how impressed I am with VentraIP's products and prices. Hosting deals are superb.
    And the customer service and quick response times to tickets are excellent. Thanks! :)

But there is one area that I think could definitely be improved (please!). And that is the good old COR.
    Your price is the cheapest out there, but the process can be a bit torturous. It is still done by paper,
    with both parties having to sign, scan / fax / email etc. There are other Registrar's out there that do
    them electronically (with appropriate security measures), and so I'm just wondering if this is on your
    "to do" list? (I did file a ticket about it).

The other issue that I've just discovered is that there is currently no flexibility as to who gets billed for
    the COR. I recently signed COR forms as a seller for a buyer who also had an account at Ventra. The buyer
    was to pay for the COR. He submitted the forms, but I got billed for the COR's! When I queried this, the
    response I got was that this was the way Ventra do it. So I had to pay, and then ask the buyer to reimburse me!

Hope you find these comments constructive. :)

2. VentraIP

VentraIP Membership: VIP

Hi neddy,

Thanks for your comments. :)

A new COR process is already in development as we have found our own process to be confusing and clunky. It's in line with our current review of all processes to do with our business, and I hope that in the coming weeks you will find the new process to be far more efficient and intuitive.

3. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    How much is it?

4. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Found it. thanks.

5. DomainNames

DomainNames Membership: Community

Can the transfer become and automated process and thus the cost charged come down?

Why are registrant transfers free for .com names but not in australia for .com.au?

6. neddy

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Follow up

Just thought I'd follow up in regards to the automated COR.

Has this happened - or is it close to happening?

7. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    One would hope so. However bear in mind the domain must be renewed for 2 years so that's a wholesale cost to the registrar of $19 or whatever it is. Then there is some manual verification needed plus a requirment to keep a record of the transfer for auDA.

If the mandatory renewal was dropped to 1 year (which may happen if the standard rego terms are relaxed as is being considered at the moment) AND someone puts together an absolute you-beaut automated system AND there's plenty of volume coming through, maybe you might see it as low as $15 or so one day.... here's hoping!

8. Mick

Mick Membership: Community

Will happen soon, it's currently in beta and we use it ourselves to process the manual fax/scans we receive and fix bugs that occur. :)

9. DomainNames

DomainNames Membership: Community

When will it be live and any idea when the new one year registration option starts?

10. neddy

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Just following up the automated COR ............

Any update please? :)

11. zhenjie

zhenjie Membership: VIP

+1 +1 !

12. Snooks

Snooks Membership: Community

I just did a COR and another transaction, first time using Ventra and I too have found them very good in terms of support and speed.

Kudos for the great service:)

13. neddy

auDA Member:
    Yes
    VentraIP are fantastic! But like any business, they can occasionally stuff up. :(

However to me, a sign of a good company is when they can honestly acknowledge that they stuffed up, and then fix the problem to everyone's satisfaction.

Another member of DNT and I had a recent problem with COR's not being processed in a timely fashion. We are talking many weeks. Cutting a long story short, when the problem was highlighted to management, Ventra fixed the problem and offered compensation.

That impresses me.

However, changing tack - it would be good if someone could tell us when electronic COR's are going to happen. That Bee has got a big donger!

14. VentraIP

Hi Ned,

I was made aware of your issue and I do apologise for it. It's not normal (as you know) for our service to be poor like that, and I told Michael he was free to compensate you in any way he felt was appropriate.

The reason our automated COR system is not live yet is because of DistributeIT. When they went down we not only lost access to a bunch of legacy domain names, but we also lost our SSL provider.

Since then, we've become Australia's Premier Partner for Trustwave SSL's and we've incorporated them in to our new Wholesale platform and they are now available through our retail side.

Once the final issues with SSL's are sorted we'll be back to domains and the COR process. I know it's a high priority for Michael and Craig because it was priced to be an automated service. :)

15. neddy

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Thanks for the update Cheyne.

As I said, I think you guys are great - even in adversity. :)

Looking forward to automated COR's - can you possibly give us a timeline please?

16. VentraIP

We're trying to have it done before we go away on August 3 to HostingCon in San Diego.

17. ScottNugent

ScottNugent Membership: VIP

Is anyone aware if this is complete? Cheers :)

18. neddy

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Bump!

19. sp@rky13

sp@rky13 Membership: Community

Seeing as I believe that it's either Cheyne or Angelo who controls this account and they are both in the US, living it up, I don't think they will check back here for a bit :p

20. neddy

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Bumpity bump. :)