What's new

Change of ownership - DNTrade

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi everyone,

Timmy and Neddy have twisted Soj’s arm and purchased DN Trade from him – with immediate effect. Refer to Soj's thread at:
http://www.dntrade.com.au/my-time-has-come-t2561.html

We’ve both been members for a long time, and are both involved full-time in ecommerce and domaining. Both of us are very
positive guys – a “young bull” and an “old bull” make a good combination.

Our objective is to build on what Soj, David and Paz have created.

The Australian domain industry is growing fast, and we believe that an independent, informative forum that supports domainers
and domain owners is vital.

So yes, we’re going to be making some changes in the near future. We want to provide lots more information and resources –
and to this end we think we have some good ideas.

But most importantly, we also want to ask you what you want to see in DN Trade. What do you like; what don’t you like?
What extras would you like to see?

A forum is only as good as the quality of its members – and the content that is posted. So please, give us your thoughts and ideas.
We would really welcome them. Post them here, or PM us in confidence if you prefer.

As we said initially, we are positive people – and we intend to run DN Trade with positivity. Debates, discussions, disagreements and
announcements are welcomed – however we draw the line with flaming, trolling or any other over the top negative things. And we do
like civility (if that’s not too much to ask!).

We look forward to hearing from as many members as possible.

Cheers, Tim and Ned

Oz.

Top Contributor
Wow, that is news from left field.

Congrats Neddy and Timmy.
And congrats Soz on the sale, hope to continue to see you around in the space though.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
I think a newbie section would beneficial.. whilst people wanting to learn is undoubtedly a good thing, often the same questions arise.

Additionally whilst openness is also a good thing, some things (ie. Disputes) should not be aired in public for obvious reasons. Perhaps a verified only section could help.

My 2c

DavidL

Top Contributor
Wow - what a surprise! Congrats to both buyers & sellers!

Agree with FPR and a newbies section. Also might be good to have a private section where visitors and Googlebots can't access. Perhaps even charge a nominal fee for the level of membership that gives you access to that area?

iejs

Congrats Ned and Timmy - I hope it goes really well for you.

Thanks to Soj, Paz and David S for setting up such a great forum - all the best with whatever you do next:)

djuqa

Top Contributor
WooHoo
Great news
Soj, Paz and David did a great job of getting dnTrade started.
Neddy and Timmy congrats.

neddy

Top Contributor
Thanks to everyone for your positive responses and encouragement.

Much appreciated. :)

When we learn how to do it (LOL), we will be setting up a special section where members can list their suggestions for improving DNT.

neddy

Top Contributor
I think a newbie section would beneficial.. whilst people wanting to learn is undoubtedly a good thing, often the same questions arise.

Additionally whilst openness is also a good thing, some things (ie. Disputes) should not be aired in public for obvious reasons. Perhaps a verified only section could help.

My 2c

Those comments are worth more than 2c. ;)

Wow - what a surprise! Congrats to both buyers & sellers!

Agree with FPR and a newbies section. Also might be good to have a private section where visitors and Googlebots can't access. Perhaps even charge a nominal fee for the level of membership that gives you access to that area?

Hard to surprise you David, so that makes me feel good. :D

Excellent sugestion re private section, and it is something we are planning.

Cheers!

payattention

Archived Member
This is probably the only type of forum that can be sold without user backlash given the topic. There were tonnes of people upset when they found out MacTalk was sold off, likewise with other forums.

Looking forward to what you guys come up with in the future.

Shane

Top Contributor
This is probably the only type of forum that can be sold without user backlash given the topic. There were tonnes of people upset when they found out MacTalk was sold off, likewise with other forums.

I couldn't agree more! I sold a forum last year that I started way back in 1999. The users were pretty welcoming of the new owner at first, but within a month the backlash was huge and a few of the members started up a rival forum.

With the space of a week or two all of the regular members moved and now the original forum is barely a shadow of its former self.

But I'm sure Ned and Tim will do a much better job! All the best guys. :)

neddy

Top Contributor
I would like to be a Verified User

Cheers
Corey

Your wish is our command Corey! Just tried to do it, but obviously haven't clicked the right button yet. :eek:

It shall be done today.

But I did get rid of my first spammer! Yeah!

johno69

Top Contributor
I'd like to see the removal of shared accounts.

I mean accounts where it can be user A or user B posting and we have no idea.

One example I guess would be the admin account itself. Is it Ned or Tim posting as admin?

Surely not too hard to make Admin-Ned Admin-Tim etc.. I had a conversation via pm once with a user turned out to be two users sharing an account. Very frustrating to say the least.

neddy

Top Contributor
I'd like to see the removal of shared accounts.

I mean accounts where it can be user A or user B posting and we have no idea.

One example I guess would be the admin account itself. Is it Ned or Tim posting as admin?

Surely not too hard to make Admin-Ned Admin-Tim etc.. I had a conversation via pm once with a user turned out to be two users sharing an account. Very frustrating to say the least.

Good points you raise Johno. We agree in the most part, and will gradually sort through who is who so that
there is one account per person.

As far as Admin goes, at the moment it is Ned (me), and that is likely to continue. However, there may be
occasions where it is Tim or someone else, however "Admin" only deals with housekeeping and policy issues,
so therefore we speak with one voice as an "entity". Hope that makes sense.

"Timmy" and "Neddy" will continue to post in their own right. Hope "Admin" never has to ban "Timmy". :D

Billy01

Top Contributor
Good luck guys

For crying our loud get rid of duplicate sign ups. I've always been been me and am proud to be it.

Go Timmy and Neddy. Smart

Last edited by a moderator:

Luke

Top Contributor
One of the reasons I like this forum is because it's using the default vBulletin theme.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member