What's new

CAN auda get rid of drops?

findtim

Top Contributor
interesting question i think as its purely a programming situation.

they could wipe out netfleet and drop but a backyard server could pop up and just do the same, maybe not better but at least a few minutes earlier then going back to hand reg.

would auda then not publish the soon to be drops ? to add a bump in the road?

then it would be like data mining for bitcoins !!!!

if they go down the path of deleting moniterisation then this could be one way of slowing it down.

outlawing moniterisation however is a very complex thing, far more complex then direct reg i suspect.

but i guess if you have 3 years to do whatever you want without any interruption then you can make water into wine.
-------------

"the board has decided on the new moniterisation policy, it has just 1 rule:

if the owner of the domain is born between january1st and december 31st then they can not moniterise a domain "

all hail the board

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
I started drop catching with no monetisation rule and with no published drop list so I know it is perfectly possible for the aftermarket to survive your worst case scenarios.
The aftermarket exists as a sign of how healthy the namespace is, it is not a problem to be solved, it is actually a sign of maturity within the market.
I am also a new years eve baby so technically I am not born between Jan1st and Dec 31st either.
- Anthony

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members