What's new

Call for nominations for election to auDA Board

DavidL

Top Contributor
http://www.auda.org.au/news-archive/auda-170912/

The vacancies that will become available are:
•two (2) Directors elected only by the Supply Class Members
•two (2) Directors elected only by the Demand Class Members

Retiring Directors may re-contest these vacancies.

People intending to stand for election to the Board should note that their signed nominations must be received by 5pm AEDST, Monday 8 October 2012

findtim

Top Contributor
DavidL just to clarify, correct me if i am wrong, if you are not presently a member then it is to late join and to be nominated, which i think was mentioned in posts earlier this year.

tim

DavidL just to clarify, correct me if i am wrong, if you are not presently a member then it is to late join and to be nominated, which i think was mentioned in posts earlier this year.

tim

Hi Tim you need to join 3 months before the election to be eligible to vote - it is to late now, but you can still apply to join for next year's election.

I am nominating for the auDA Board again this year.

Cheers
Erhan

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Good luck Erhan, hope finally justice is done

Please see they don't try to increase domain name prices again which looks like it's on the Auda wishlist

Does the CEO role go out to open applications ever?

Thanks Domain Names! I hope that there is a fair election. It is amazing that our community does not have any representation on the Board, hopefully that will change this year.

As I have previously said, I will keep running until I am successful (no matter how long it takes). I have a lot to contribute. The board needs people with real world experience with domain names and online businesses.

The pressure for accountability, which the domain name community has placed on auDA over the past few years has paid dividends.

If I am elected, I intend to be more accessible, board members need to be accessible on a regular basis, not just on the odd meet and greet nights or at election time.

neddy

Top Contributor
I am nominating for the auDA Board again this year.

Best wishes Erhan - this time I'm sure you'll get there!

Please see they don't try to increase domain name prices again which looks like it's on the Auda wishlist

Welcome back DomainNames - where have you been hiding? :)

Domain Pricing

The contract between auDA and AusRegistry is what sets the price of domains. auDA gets approximately $3 per domain.

One thing I have learnt (being part of this panel), is that the current domain price wholesale price is based on a sliding scale. The more domains ultimately registered, the cheaper the wholesale price
becomes. AusRegistry get paid less per domain - but make up for it with quantity.

There is a current call for submissions from auDA regarding (amongst other things) "a renegotiation with AusRegistry for the 2LD registry operation, with provision for a tender process if negotiations fail".

auDA Industry Advisory Panel releases draft recommendations

So if you want to have a say, do the survey or make a submission. It doesn't take long - and you only have to comment on the things that are important to you! ;)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member