What's new

call center SEO

findtim

Top Contributor
just for fun !

just had that classic call from an indian call center telling me they have analysed one of my websites and would like to send me the report so they can improve my rankings !

so i asked the guy if he had been to the website and he said "YES, i have analysed it for you"

so i asked him " ok, so what words are in the header area of the website"? and he couldn't reply, so i kept asking and told him not to search for it as you just said you have been to the site so WHAT WORDS are in the header area, you do know what a header arwa on a website is don't you.

"yes sir" , right so what words are in the header because if you have been there you wouldn't forget them.

"well we can improve your rankings" , but i rank number 2 for the search term i want so how can you help me? what words are in the header?

he then hung up LOL

HTML:
http://www.sydneyoptometrists.com.au/

what words are in the header ? :eek: how hard is that

tim

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I hate those calls, I feel like hiring a really cheap odesk employee ($2/hour) and just transferring the call to them and making it their sole job to talk with those sorts of marketing companies for hours on end without agreeing to anything, because part of me wants to waste their time as much as they waste mine....

:D

findtim

Top Contributor
I hate those calls, I feel like hiring a really cheap odesk employee ($2/hour) and just transferring the call to them and making it their sole job to talk with those sorts of marketing companies for hours on end without agreeing to anything, because part of me wants to waste their time as much as they waste mine....

:D

YEP, i LOVE THEM, i've been hard coding for hours i need a break and my phone rings, i'm pissed off because the CSS isn't doing what it should and here i have someone wanting to sell me crap.

the ones that don't lie to me i'm ok with and treat them nicely but the ones that tell me bullS^&T i just take them on.

note: a VERY good friend just came back from india and part of her uni tour was to a call center, everyone there was blind/visually challenged and it was giving them a method of earning money so i must say i have calmed down A LOT on my responses to these phone calls.

but bottom line is in ANY sales process "know your customer"

tim

Ash

Top Contributor
so i asked him " ok, so what words are in the header area of the website"? and he couldn't reply, so i kept asking... WHAT WORDS are in the header area

note: a VERY good friend just came back from india and part of her uni tour was to a call center, everyone there was blind/visually challenged and it was giving them a method of earning money ...

So you might have been picking on a blind person! :eek:

findtim

Top Contributor
So you might have been picking on a blind person! :eek:

yep, bugger, but how many people know this? and i forgot about it

and does that make a lie acceptable? i just don't get the point of most of these phone calls, the business model is " go find the sucker" and unfortunately they actually do.

tim

payattention

Archived Member
The thing is though.. when they get a sale, they are probably right in saying the site is not optimised even with out looking at it as those are the people that would buy without knowing otherwise. They use a shotgun approach and it's profitable for them.

I don't like the approach but when I get those calls, I don't even get into it with them. Hang up, don't give it a second though. The moment you decide to stay on the line and discuss it with them is when you waste your own time, not them wasting yours.

Tim, you should probably take up their services as http://www.sydneyoptometrists.com.au/ is not optimised.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member