What's new

Buying Penguin Hit Websites

jockp

Just a quick survey.

Who here see's value in purchasing penguin hit websites, fixing up the backlink profile and getting the site back to it's prime ?

helloworld

Top Contributor
Yeah for sure.

There was a thread on webmasterworld a while back where a webmaster was soley doing this.

Sites had been hit hard, owner sold for very low $xxx even $xx. Cleaned up their link profile, restructured their pages and got back the top ranks. He claimed he was earning $xxxx on most of the sites he had been buying after cleaning them.

zhenjie

Top Contributor
I liken it to people who buying repairable write-offs in the auto industry. Potential and hope for every site, but risk involved of course. Money is made at the time you buy.

James

Top Contributor
Yeah their is risk involved for sure, I would proceed with caution, many people on black hat sites are hitting them hard at the moment from what I have been seeing and reading over the past few months.

It depends what level the site has been hit, also if the site penalty is Algo or Manual penalty.

For example:

Level 3: The link profile has been hit with 10 years of black hat (may be near impossible to fix this) 80-100% damaged website, I saw a site like this recently.

Level 2: The link profile might have 30-80% low quality links.

Level 1: The website has 1-30% low quality links (would be a good pick up)

With any purchase you would need to do your analysis on the website, you would really need to dig into the link profile both fresh and historic to see what has happened.

To answer the original question I would buy level 1 sites and possibly level 2 depending on how damaged the site is, level 3 probably not.

jockp

I have a site that has been hit for sale. Currently doing $1,500 per month, was doing 6-8k per month.

In the travel space in Australia. If anyone is interested send me an email jock@brokercorp.com

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member