What's new

buying frustration

findtim

Top Contributor
i've been asked to buy a domain for a client, its parked with fabulous and i made an offer which got straight away rejected, fair enough, so then i sen an email to the whois directly, no offer just asking i'd like to "discuss a price"
i sent my full name, my website address and the email went from my website address and phone number, but still no reply !

i don't regard it as a great name, average i'd say and certainly any offer would be rare i think, it doesn't pass radio test, no reference on google to that spelling, .com is also for sale, i found 1 product named it but not a popular item especially in australian language and nothing to do with my clients business, .net.au is a hand reg, but no reply?
parking ok, but take down the make an offer signs !

frustrating,
tim

Horshack

Top Contributor
I share your frustration and I laugh when I eventually see some of the domains drop. I don't even bother making offers on any domains held by one major holder now because they never respond either through their parking pages, Netfleet, Sedo or direct email. Why bother listing a domain with make offers from $---- on Sedo if you're not going to respond to an offer at that amount anyway.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Yeah its pathetic - Perhapes confirm the ABN is active and see if you can ID the companies contact info, phone, linkedin, facebook, etc...? or, can the buyer be persuaded with another domain?

snoopy

Top Contributor
Send an actual offer if emailing. If they are responsive on Fabulous then make a higher offer.

topflight

i've been asked to buy a domain for a client, its parked with fabulous and i made an offer which got straight away rejected, fair enough, so then i sen an email to the whois directly, no offer just asking i'd like to "discuss a price"
i sent my full name, my website address and the email went from my website address and phone number, but still no reply !

i don't regard it as a great name, average i'd say and certainly any offer would be rare i think, it doesn't pass radio test, no reference on google to that spelling, .com is also for sale, i found 1 product named it but not a popular item especially in australian language and nothing to do with my clients business, .net.au is a hand reg, but no reply?
parking ok, but take down the make an offer signs !

frustrating,
tim
Been there, done that.

Horshack

Top Contributor
Just to make you feel better I actually made an offer on one what appears to be a Sedo owned name through the Sedo platform at the minimum offer price and even they haven't responded to the offer. That's great advertising for your product!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member